Indiana Babies

Would you accept a free carpet cleaning? - Please advise

I just had two people knock at our door - they are from JMJ & Assoc. in Indianapolis and our offering to clean one carpet for free - no strings attached.  They just hope that you like them well enough to use them for more rooms or will keep them in mind for the future.  They will also DuPont Stain the carpet.  I googled online and it's a legit business with the better business bureau ... would you do this??  If I want they are coming back later ... I just get really nervous about a scam - but a free carpet cleaning would be nice ...  Please advise

Re: Would you accept a free carpet cleaning? - Please advise

• I'm a huge worry wart about stuff like that, so I wouldn't :/
  • I wouldn't do it, especially if I were home alone.  You just never know these days!
  • Loading the player...
  • They came here, I declined.  I am weary about letting strangers in unless I arrange for them to be here for when DH is home.  
  • Well...we also had some salesmen come to our home with the same story.  They do come and clean one room's carpet, but what they are trying to sell you is a kirby vacumn cleaner. It may or may not be the same company, but good luck.
  • That's what I was thinking ... they are coming back later tonight when DH is supposed to be home (doesn't mean he will be) so I have until then to decide.  I'll probably pass - I was hoping that one of you girls would say - yes, we've used them before and they are great!  It's not like the carpet wouldn't get dirty again anyway.
  • Yep - they mentioned the kitby vacumn.  Did you use them?
  • Well my husband arrived home while they were here and he got convinced into purchasing a kirby vacumn.  The vacumns are definately pricey, but there is a lifetime warrenty so we should never have to purchase another vacumn.  Also, the salesmen are extremely pushy so I probably wouldn't let them in the door unless your looking to purchase a new vacumn.
  • I wouldn't.  Especially if DH isn't home.  But, we are both paranoid about that kind of stuff.  

If you need your carpets cleaned, I know a place that does a great job.  They're $40 a room/area and you can do as little as 1 room if you want.  We just had to get 4 rooms cleaned last week and were very very happy with them.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't but I wouldn't even have answered the door.  I dont answer unless I know who is coming.  My husband doesn't even answer when he is here.  You just never know. 

If it was a neighboor, we are outside enough that they can catch us then.  

I say go with the rec for $40 a room. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"