Parenting after 35
Options

New baby news!

Not a bumpie, but our friends just had a little boy, Jeramiah, this morning or last night.  I don't know the details, but it sounds like there was some scary moments at the end when the cord was wrapped around the little guy.  Docs had to scramble and it sounds like they probably did a c-section. 

Anyone else have this kind of experience?  I'm praying everything's okay.  Word through the grapevine is that the baby and mommy are just fine.

I'm so happy for them.. the daddy is our age and waited a very long time to find a wife, and now baby.  Plus, when we go on our annual trip to the lake, Charlie will now have a playmate!  When we were settling down for our nap today, I told him about his new friend and how they'd get to grow up and see each other every summer and go swimming and fishing and lightning bug chasing together!  So much fun ahead!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New baby news!

• Options

Hurray!  So happy everything's okay, and that Charlie gets a playmate!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
     don't know the details, but it sounds like there was some scary moments at the end when the cord was wrapped around the little guy.  Docs had to scramble and it sounds like they probably did a c-section. 

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

This happened to us - her HR kept dropping and they took me for an emergency c/s and turned out the cord was wrapped around her neck.  She was absolutely fine afterwards, as I'm sure Jeremiah is as well.

Yay for new baby!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

And here I was thinking YOU were pregnant! LOL

I'm glad your friend's son is OK.  Congrats.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member
    It happened to us. Matty's HR dropped and I had an emergency c/s. Turns out he was holding onto the umbilical cord.  We were worried about the lack of oxygen but his apgar scores were fine. 
  • Options
    steverstever member
    Hooray for a happy outcome!
  • Options
    nisemsnisems member

I didn't have a C-section, but Olivia did have the cord wrapped around her neck when she came out.  I never found out her apgar scores, but they initally put her on my stomach, but she wasn't responding as well as they wanted her to, so they worked on her for quite a while, suctioning her lungs, etc.  All I remember is that I kept asking if she was ok, and no one would really answer me.  Turned out everthing was fine, but I still think about that a lot and wonder how serious that whole situation really was.

Glad to hear that everything turned out well for your friends! 

• Options

Thanks for the reassurances.  This is all third-hand info from one of our friends, but apparently after a long labor, the doc even kind of freaked out and, of course, mom and dad did as well.  "Get me a bigger blade!" was apparently one of the quotes from the doc.  That doesn't sound good.

But the Daddy did say everybody's doing well now.  So I'll just be anxious until I hear from them for myself.  We should see them over Labor Day if not sooner, so I'm getting so excited to see the little guy already!

• Options
    imagePeppernut:

Hurray!  So happy everything's okay, and that Charlie gets a playmate!

me too!

• Options
    imagerobynlesley:

This is what I was thinking too - it made me smile.  Hope everyone is doing well!  And playmates are good things!

• Options
    imagePiranha54:
    imagerobynlesley:

This is what I was thinking too - it made me smile.  Hope everyone is doing well!  And playmates are good things!

Yeah, I am 110% sure THAT is not happening right this instant!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"