1st Trimester
Options

prometrium

hi ladies! this is my 2nd pregnancy, I have a DD who is almost 7 months! with my first pregnancy, I had low progesterone so I was put on prometrium orally. this pregnancy, my dr is putting me on prometrium vaginally twice a day. if you had to take prometrium vaginally how was it? just curious! TIA!

Re: prometrium

• Options

I took 200 mg progesterone supps 2x a day with 1st and now this pregnancy.

Wear a panty liner.  You will "ooze"

try to do them 12 hours apart.   10am (at work) and 10pm (before bed) works best for me.

mine need to be refridgerated (not all do).   I luckily have my own fridge under my desk, so keeping half my stash at work is no problem.

However, with pg#1, DH and I used to go to a movie every Sunday at 10am after church and breakfast.   8am church, 9am out to breakfast.    Which meant taking my suppository with me and keeping it cool.   I'd put it in a baggie, Seal it tight and roll it small.   Stuff it in a tupperware-type plastic container full of ice, and take that into the theater with me.   Right before the movie started I'd take the baggie with me to the restroom.    You just do what you have to do to make it work.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:

Buy panty liners. Lots of them. And be prepared for your CM to become neon colored (pink if you are on 100 mg, yellow if 200 mg).

my 200mg's are white.    my CM ooze just looks like thick creamy CM.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:
    imagestaycee:
    imagekdodge423:

Buy panty liners. Lots of them. And be prepared for your CM to become neon colored (pink if you are on 100 mg, yellow if 200 mg).

my 200mg's are white.    my CM ooze just looks like thick creamy CM.

Weird. That's the first I've heard of white ones.

my aren't name brand "prometruim".    Just generic ol' progesterone.   I'll take a pic for you if you'd like.    :)

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
  • Options
    Mine our white too. I am lucky that I haven't had it ooze. I still wear a pantiliner just in case.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    I have the 200 mg white ones, my Dr. told me I could use vaginally or orally, that vaginally may cause less side effects. No matter which way I am still very tired. Do you ladies know if one is more effective than the other?
  • Options

imagesbartschke:
    I have the 200 mg white ones, my Dr. told me I could use vaginally or orally, that vaginally may cause less side effects. No matter which way I am still very tired. Do you ladies know if one is more effective than the other?

I've heard that vaginal is much more effective, but I don't know how they know that because it doesn't really pick up in your bloodstream.  That's probably the reason it has less side effects.  It goes directly where you need it and isn't processed elsewhere in your body.

I take Prometrium 3 times daily.  Some of it oozes out so I also have to use liners.  It's yellow.

• Options
    thanks for the info... i will try vaginally. more effective + less side effects sounds good to me!!
  • Options

I am on it too!  

I actually ended up taking one tablet orally in the morning because the oozing was so bad.  I then take the evening one vaginally right before I go to bed.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"