Preemies

Reflux Questions

My 34 weeker has some serious reflux (spent the night in the hospital last night cuz she had an apnea spell again and I called 911) and I wanted to know if anyone has tried any of the AR pillows or wedges and if so, did they help?

My DD has to go to daycare 3 days a week and I'm terrified about leaving her there! Any advice/suggestions? I am afraid if I tell them she has apnea caused by reflux they will say they can't keep her there anymore.

Re: Reflux Questions

• ppantsppants member

My 32w twins both had reflux.  They had to go to a pedi GI dr because our reg dr wasn't comfortable prescribing the amount of meds they needed.  They were on both zantac and prevcid.  DS got 1 tsp of rice per ounce of formula since he was the vomit/spit up king.  DD got 2 tsp of rice in her entire bottle.  She had "silent" reflux.   Mine came home on a monitor, but didn't start daycare until they were 7 mo old (off monitor).  Maybe she needs one until her reflux is under control? 

I think you have to tell daycare.  You want them to take the best care of your baby and they can only do that if you provide them with the proper information.  Good luck and I hope things get better soon.

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • We had to elevate his entire matress till the angle was bout 45 degrees, and we had a sling that clipped to the bed rails that we strapped him into.

Did it help with the reflux? Yes, it really did.

The downside though is it became very difficult to swaddle him, and to lay him down. It was just too much fussing with him to keep him sleepy while strapping him into his bed. He got harder and harder to lay down in his bed. I've heard some people talk about a nap nanny on this board, and I think it looks pretty neat, but we hadn't heard of such a thing back when we were having trouble.

Best wishes too you, reflux SUCKS

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"