2nd Trimester
Options

Come on people....

Think before you speak.  This lady at work says to me "so, are you due in the middle of the summer?" Huh? Isn't it almost the middle of the summer now?  Do I look like I'm going to deliver tomorrow?  Seriously lady, STFU.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Come on people....

• Options
    skyejoskyejo member
    I feel ya. I was in Borders yesterday and some random guy asked how far along I was.  When I told him the beginning of October he literally choked on his coffee.  He said that I looked like I was going to deliver any day now.  What do you say to that?!
  • Options

Note to your co-worker:  Step 1.) Insert foot in mouth.  Step 2.) Back away QUICKLY.  Step 3.) Think before speaking next time.

I'm sure she meant no harm but still that's a PITA.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Technically, summer just started on June 21. Fall starts 9.23.10. However, living in Houston, summer has definitely been in full swing for some time now! But maybe she was one of the few that actually goes by the correct dates and not when she starts sweating :).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic yo yo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe you do look like you are going to deliver tomorrow.
  • Options

Yeah, I've had the same reaction.  I think "October" just sounds late in the year.  June to August sounds like no time at all, but August to October sounds like such a long time.  ???  Maybe that's just me. 

And I think it's kinda funny to watch people put their foot in their mouth.  LOL

• Options
  • Options

A guy at work says to me today: "So you only have a couple months left, huh?"

Me: "Uh...like 5 months"

Guy: "Well 5 is a couple, right?"

Me: "Um, no."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah we are only 1 week and 2 days into summer, so it's definitely not close to the middle of summer, but this lady is an idiot anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageredjetta22:

Yeah, I've had the same reaction.  I think "October" just sounds late in the year.  June to August sounds like no time at all, but August to October sounds like such a long time.  ???  Maybe that's just me. 

And I think it's kinda funny to watch people put their foot in their mouth.  LOL

I think like this too! October seems soooo far away but August seems like tomorrow.

• Options
    With DD, a man asked if I wa shaving twins.  I said, "No. Just one baby."  He looked at me, shook his head, and said "well, at least it will be healthy."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a couple people ask me things like that when I was 7 months pregnant with my first. They were always surprised when I told them I still had a couple months to go. But to be fair, I suppose my baby bump was kinda big. 
  • Options
    Yesterday I went into Hallmark to buy my mom a card, and the cashier said, "So when are you due?"  "October."  "Ohh...you still have quite a ways to go then!"  "Yeah, I get asked all the time if I am having twins, but there is just one in the oven.  I am a little bit big, but at least we know she is taking after her father!"  I laughed, I didn't mind or anything...but she was shocked to hear October.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"