Austin Babies

Rash update

I called the dr back today and they said that her rash could come and go for several weeks.  Plus, this morning she had a fever.  Dr says it's unrelated to the rash but is probably what caused her ear infection in the first place.  :(  I just hate to see her feeling bad and there not be anything I can do.  We also have tons of family coming in this weekend for her birthday party.  I'm not sure if we should cancel or what...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rash update

• Oh, poor little girl!  Did the dr. say anything about her being contagious?  How is her overall mood?  How much notice would you need to give your family?  I would say you could go ahead with the party but give everyone a heads up about what has been going on.
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They're pretty sure she's allergic to Amoxicillin and that what's causing the hives so she shouldn't be contagious.  She felt pretty good yesterday, but today she has been in a foul mood and has been sleeping most of the day.  We're giving her Zyrtec and it's knocking her out.  :(

We're having the party at our house so we could still let her nap at will, but I think it will be too noisy for her to get any good rest.  We just invited immediate family, but there are still almost 50 people coming. 

• Loading the player...
  • I should have posted this yesterday, but since you took her to the doctor I thought this was probably ruled out, especially since you said the zyrtec took care of the rash - but there is a viral rash going around our day care that makes the babies break out in red bumps all over.  It also causes a low grade fever.  Nothing you can do about it but wait it out, M's fever only lasted about a day and his rash lasted about 4 days.  Might not be that, but just a thought.
  • oh no;(  I'm allergic to amox, too - I broke out in a rash as well, I don't remember much of the details since it was in HS, but the rash was not pretty!

hopefully she feels better, stat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"