Success after IF

Any Twi-hards see the midnight show last night?

And want to squeeee like a silly teenage girlie with me?

We did the triple header.  All 3 movies back to back in the theatre.

My vote?  BEST of the 3 by FAR.

LOVED it.  Loved finally seeing the Edward that I fell in love with in the books come to the screen for the first time.  Only took them 3 movies to do it!

Loved how they made Bella less of a pansy/victim than she was in the books.

Didn't care for Bryce Dallas Howard and wish they'd had Rachel back for Victoria again.  I think she would have done a better job.

Your thoughts?

Or am I the only pathetic one that went to see it last night and now can barely keep my eyes open today?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: Any Twi-hards see the midnight show last night?

• I wish!!!  I just hope I can manage to see it in the theaters before it's gone...lol.  Glad to hear it's the best one yet, though!
  • ::folds her arms and pouts:: NO!!! I had to work last night. I really wanted to go see it. I probably won't be able to see it for a couple of WEEKS due to my work schedule and everything. So glad to hear it was still good. I didn' tknow they were using someone different for Victoria in this movie. Interesting.....

::mrsolsenk12 sticks her tounge out at Howleyshell for going to the movie last night when I didn't::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't seen it yet but I am glad to hear that it was good.

Honestly right now I am still trying to wrap my head around how they are going to film Breaking Dawn while also preserving the PG-13 rating. 

(yes I checked my good sense at the door and finally read the books Wink)

I am actually kind of impressed although I felt that stephanie meyer could have given us just a little bit more at the end of breaking dawn.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrsolsenk12:

::mrsolsenk12 sticks her tounge out at Howleyshell for going to the movie last night when I didn't::

If it makes you feel any better I feel hung over as hell after eating popcorn, candy, and soda for almost 8 hours.

And of course after falling into bed at 2:30 AM Dylan was up at 4:30 AM suddenly needing help to pee in the middle of the night.  Then the alarm at 6:00 and up for the day.

yup... I need some psychiatric help!

Me in my "Yes, I'm almost 40 and I have a Twilight problem" t-shirt. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • imagehowleyshell:
    imagemrsolsenk12:

If it makes you feel any better I feel hung over as hell after eating popcorn, candy, and soda for almost 8 hours.

And of course after falling into bed at 2:30 AM Dylan was up at 4:30 AM suddenly needing help to pee in the middle of the night.  Then the alarm at 6:00 and up for the day.

yup... I need some psychiatric help!

Me in my "Yes, I'm almost 40 and I have a Twilight problem" t-shirt. 

LOVE the shirt!! That is so cute. Yeah those all nighters are just not as good when you are not 18 and have children.

• imageTakYelgif:

Honestly right now I am still trying to wrap my head around how they are going to fild Breaking Dawn while also preserving the PG-13 rating.

Ya know....  Eclipse was MUCH hotter than the first 2 movies.  Several laying on the bed together scenes complete with a "leg hitch" on Bella's part.   No clue how they're gonna do the whole Renesmee birth thing. Maybe lots of cut aways?    But I can now see the honeymoon in PG-13 based on how they handled the subject of sex in this one.

This one pushed much farther than the first 2 so it's easier for me to envision BD as PG-13 now. 

• I am so jealous you went to see all 3 last night!  DH and I saw Twilight before New Moon last year and I wanted to do it again but we knew there was no way I would last.

My sister went and had the same review as you.  I think she is going with me tomorrow night to see it again!

Daycare is SO exhausting!
    Blog
  • I am so jealous!!! I watched Twilight and NM this weekend after K went to bed. I am hoping to see Eclipse next week.  I was telling Dh how I wish I was able to go to the midnight showing last night...he made fun of me. 
  • imagehowleyshell:
    imageTakYelgif:

Honestly right now I am still trying to wrap my head around how they are going to fild Breaking Dawn while also preserving the PG-13 rating.

Ya know....  Eclipse was MUCH hotter than the first 2 movies.  Several laying on the bed together scenes complete with a "leg hitch" on Bella's part.   No clue how they're gonna do the whole Renesmee birth thing. Maybe lots of cut aways?    But I can now see the honeymoon in PG-13 based on how they handled the subject of sex in this one.

This one pushed much farther than the first 2 so it's easier for me to envision BD as PG-13 now. 

They are going to have to cut away during the birth if they want less than an R rating, you know a baby being chewed  out of the womb is not exactly family friendly movie watching.

eta:  Personally I hope they just give Breaking Dawn an R rating and let it all hang out for the final two movies.

• I'm going to see it tomorrow but I am impressed that you saw all 3 in a row!!!!  Go you!

-----Lisa-----
  • imageTakYelgif:

They are going to have to cut away during the birth if they want less than an R rating, you know a baby being chewed  out of the womb is not exactly family friendly movie watching.

eta:  Personally I hope they just give Breaking Dawn an R rating and let it all hang out for the final two movies.

And what kind of perv does it make me that I wouldn't mind seeing an X rated version?

I know it's a teen-read but I really wanted more smut that SM provided in the books.  I'm used to Outlander where stuff gets really hot and bothered.  I'd like to see them dial up the steam considerably but we all know they won't loose their PG audience.

I was STUNNED at the number of VERY young girls (8 to 10?) there with their Moms.  12+ I can maybe see but taking a 7 or 8 yr old to 3 movies that get out at 2:30 AM?  Notsomuch.... 

• imagehowleyshell:
    imageTakYelgif:

And what kind of perv does it make me that I wouldn't mind seeing an X rated version?

I know it's a teen-read but I really wanted more smut that SM provided in the books.  I'm used to Outlander where stuff gets really hot and bothered.  I'd like to see them dial up the steam considerably but we all know they won't loose their PG audience.

I was STUNNED at the number of VERY young girls (8 to 10?) there with their Moms.  12+ I can maybe see but taking a 7 or 8 yr old to 3 movies that get out at 2:30 AM?  Notsomuch.... 

Personally I don't view these books as teen Young Adult yes but not Teen Lit, some of the subject matter Especially in the Breaking Dawn is way to heavy for teens.

But hey I grew up reading babysitters club.

No your not a perv personally I think they would have a wider audience if they actualyl did follow Breaking Dawn Completely even if it came with an R rating.

• I should have gone- we are going Friday night- but I cannot wait! So happy to hear it was good. As for Bryce- Im sure shes not as good as the orginal Victoria- but who cares, Im only there for Edward!!

I just read an article were Rob and Kristen said they want to sex it up for Breaking Dawn- they both said it's time- so we will see how it's done. The books were very funny about sex, I had to keep going back and re reading- thinking "did I miss it" did they "do it" yet! HAHA!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTakYelgif:
    imagehowleyshell:
    imageTakYelgif:

Personally I don't view these books as teen Young Adult yes but not Teen Lit, some of the subject matter Especially in the Breaking Dawn is way to heavy for teens.

But hey I grew up reading babysitters club.

No your not a perv personally I think they would have a wider audience if they actualyl did follow Breaking Dawn Completely even if it came with an R rating.

I LOVED the baby sitters club books!!!

I say make it R too! The kids will still go- but thier parents would have to take them! HAHA!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did :) 
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • I saw it yesterday and am going again tonight and Saturday (if baby cooperates)!

Eclipse is my favorite by far!! Edward is actually happy and loving and so much more loveable! They included all the major parts in the book that I was hoping for too! Why was it so hard to stay true to the book in the other 2? Hats off to this crew this time around. Its like they really listened to what the fans wanted to see and they delivered! God I can't wait to see it again!

And I about died at the HP7 trailer! I can't wait for it to come out.

• I'm hoping to con someone into going to see it with me this weekend...or I might just go by myself!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"