Central Florida Babies
Options

Florida Hospital Altamonte Baby Place?

Has anyone delivered here?  I am currently trying to find a doc that will do a VBAC.  Mine says he does, but there are a lot of red flags that are making me think he will ultimately push for a repeat c-sec.  I have come across some recommendations for Dr. Sweet who is affiliated with Florida Hospital Altamonte who is supposedly pro-VBAC.  From what I can see on-line it looks like a great place, but I would love to hear from people with personal experience there and especially with that doc.  Thanks!!!

Re: Florida Hospital Altamonte Baby Place?

• Options
    HI,I am just seeing your post.   Dr. Sweet is my doctor and I really like him.  I will be attempting a VBAC myself.  Also, I go in for my tour next Friday.  I'd be more than happy to tell you what I think about it.
  • Options
    I was thinking about going in for the pre-scheduled tour on the 22nd if possible but it would be great to get your opinion first as well.  Does Dr. Sweet seem truly supportive of the VBAC (you hear about the bait and switch docs which I'm afraid mine might be)?  Do you have any idea if the other docs (I think there are two others) in the practice are also pro-VBAC?  Do you know if the midwives in the practice are allowed to attend a VBAC?  Sorry so many questions but any other info you can give would be great!  Thanks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dr. Enyart is the best dr i have ever seen~!!! He delivers there too and i absolutly love him! i have been going to him for 3 years now and we are ttc.

here is their number 407-303-5204

p.s. dr sweet and dr enyart are in the same group

• Options

Hi!

Dr. Enyart is my doctor. He is affiliated with Dr. Sweet. I delivered at FH Altamonte baby place in Jan of 2008. I had an emergency C Section.

Dr. Enyart is the BEST! He is pro VBAC and will try his hardest to make a VBAC possible. He is also very honest and does not give false hope.

I would definitely recommend Dr. Enyart and the FH Altamonte Baby Place. They treated me very well and the facility was very nice.
    Good Luck!

P.S. Dr. Enyart and Dr. Sweet are located in the Medical Plaza in FH Altamonte.

• Options

i see Lesann one of the MW's with Dr Sweets office - the whole office is pro-vbac assuming your c-section was due to an issue w/ the baby and not your body. if it was a body issue (like bone structure) they may be more likely to suggest a repeat but they will listen to you and will most likely let you try vaginally first.

from what i hear they are the most pro-vbac in central fl.

alt baby place is awesome! thats where i am delivering at (natural birth planned)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a HORRIBLE labor experience but the one good thing was I knew I was in good hands. My MW was Lesann Dwyer but DR sweet did my c section. Even every nurse that checked on me raved about him. He checked me everyday (including weekends where once he was in golf clothes lol). Florida Hospital Altamonte Womens Center is the ONLY place I will ever deliver. They even let my husband and baby stay in the room till I was all done. Amazing practice....hence why we drove there from Davenport for the last 4 months. GL
  • Options
    and yes my mw was able to assist. She actually pushed the baby out!! Great team
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I am going on my tour of the Birth Place in Altamonte on the 20th of Sept and I cannot wait. I had a previous emergency c-section that was vertical which is rare but they had no choice (preemie). Sooo I'll have to have another C-section, but I was assured the comforts of all the other 'regular' birthing mothers there. Plus I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those birthday suites so my daughter and hubby can sleep in with me at the hospital!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"