Parenting after a Loss

Syllables, sounds and words??

Does/Did your lo go through phases of sounds? DD did Dadadadadada constantly for weeks and not rarely does it. She did Mama once. She squeals coos and makes all sorts of other goofy noises. Should she be making more syllable sounds? I know she understands things... like I kNOW she understadns look up at mommy.... because I say it when I rinse her hair in the bath and she does it and I did it a few times jsut why she was crawling around the house and she stops and does it. I sit more important I notice those things then waiting for took actually talk? I really want a mama...can you tell?

Re: Syllables, sounds and words??

• Mari is the same way. For a week she'll make a new sound...and then move on and not make that sound again for awhile. She has said mama four times....but she definitely knows what it means. Also, she sometimes mimics our words or tone, but no real words other than "dad" and possibly "dog". I think at this stage that helping your child develop language skills is just as important as speaking skills.
  • ENevENev member

I'm dying for a mama, too! But nothing yet. A "ma" here or there, but never two in a row.

And yes, DS gets on one syllable and goes with it for weeks! Awhile back everything was dadadadada. Now we're onto babababa!! He'll throw in a gagaga once in awhile, but it's been BABABA for a long time now.

Just waiting for that MAMAMAMA!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"