2nd Trimester
Options

That pg girl update (kind of long)

I called my OB and they had me lie down and drink some water for an hour and call back, which I did.  However, I didn't get a call back when I left a message.  I tried repeatedly for the next hour to reach someone and finally got a scheduler and told her I needed to talk to someone.  She took my name and number and promised someone would call me right back.  Twenty minutes pass and they finally conclude that I need to come in and be monitored.

They hook me up to the monitor for 45 minutes and they can't see that I'm having any contractions at all.  The NP checks my cervix, which is still very intact and thick.  That was comforting.  After all of that and a $35 copay, they said go home, rest, drink lots of fluids and call if it doesn't ease up.  I was so frustrated.  At least I know my pumpkin is okay.  They had the volume on the monitor turned way up and he started kicking and rolling harder when he heard the noises he was making.  

Moral of the story, if it doesn't feel or seem right, call your OB.  They won't be irritated with you, they are there to help you.  

Re: That pg girl update (kind of long)

• Options
    Glad to hear everything is OK.  Did they put you on bedrest?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    glad to hear everything is OK!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAngel002:
    Glad to hear everything is OK.  Did they put you on bedrest?

No bedrest orders yet, Thank God.  That is one of my anxiety inducing fears, along with pre-term labor, because DH is a full time student.  So if I'm out of work, we have no money.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"