Multiples
Options

once you switch over to cow's milk...?

do you give bottles before solids (if you were doing that w/formula), or with?

do you heat cow's milk, or get them used to drinking it cold?

thanks!!

today is "happy happy - switching over to milk day" :)

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: once you switch over to cow's milk...?

• Options
    We did sippies with milk only (no bottles) and we gave it to them with their meals. And they drank it cold. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

imagepea-kay:
    We did sippies with milk only (no bottles) and we gave it to them with their meals. And they drank it cold. :)

This, I still give the bedtime bottle of formula until it is gone though.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We gave them milk in sippy cups with their food.  They still get a cup every night before bed and we heat that one up but only luke warm.
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member

imageerinri02:
    We gave them milk in sippy cups with their food.  They still get a cup every night before bed and we heat that one up but only luke warm.

i was thinking i might still heat up bedtime milk a little.

• Options
    W/ Carissa we did milk in a sippy w/ meals.  Cold.  Knock on wood the babies will be just as easy.
  • Options

We just replaced their regular bottles with milk.  They usually took one after breakfast and after lunch (usually within an hour of eating their solids) and then one before we picked them up from DC.  Then they would have dinner and a bedtime bottle.

We usually just take the chill off of the milk if they still have it in a bottle, but if it's in their sippies, it's cold.

• Options
    janjagjanjag member
    imagelisa&andy:

imagepea-kay:

This, I still give the bedtime bottle of formula until it is gone though.

we do sippies w/water only so far.  ped said not to worry about milk/sippy till 15mos.  but i might start the 3:30pm bottle in a sippy soon.  i'd like this to be a snack time, rather than a liquid meal, so sippy/milk makes sense.

• Options

We did milk (cold) in sippy cups and Connor did great with them but in the beginning James would refuse the cup so I would cave and gave him a bottle.  His transition to cups just took a little longer but he got there eventually.

I would give them milk with their meals - sometimes they drank most of it before the meal and sometimes they would not drink it at all while sitting in their chairs.  So I would just bring the cups into the family room and they would eventually crawl over to it and drink it.  Now that they are used to the cups they mostly finish in their high chairs.

It definitely did not happen over night for us...as much as I wanted it to!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

we do milk in their bottles (pedi said waiting til 15 months to switch to sippies was fine and av still won't take hers)

we serve it cold, fresh from the fridge at all times...

GL!!!

• Options
    We did start with it in bottles and somewhat warm.  But then Jack was done with the bottle, he hated it, so we swtiched them to sippys.  C wasn't ready for a sippy so we gave her a bottle a bit longer and kept J on sippys.  We also couldn't go cold turkey.  We had to gradually increase the amt of milk mixed with fomula.  C HATED cows milk at first.  But over time she got used to it.  Now they drink it only from sippys and drink it cold.  They seem fine with it.  Give it some time, they may need to transition with mixed milk & formula or breastmilk, hopefully they will like it soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"