Indiana Babies

Whole Milk Fail

She has been horribly gassy, like screaming every hour and moaning in her sleep, once she finally gets to sleep.  She has horrible bloody diaper rash out of no where.

I stopped and went back to straight formula.  She has been on Similac Sensitive since switching from BM to formula.  I also had to go dairy free while BFing.  The weird thing is she tolerates yogurt, cheese, ice cream (on the rare occasion)

We are going to stop milk for now until we can go in for her 1 year appointment and talk to her pedi.  I'm just worried we are going to have a continuing milk issue.  

Deleted

Re: Whole Milk Fail

• Aw man! That stinks. I hope her bum heals up and your pedi can offer some suggestions at her appointment.
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks!  I hope she doesn't have an allergy!
  • My E had a rough time when we switched straight to whole milk so we went half and half...forumla and milk and that seemed to work.  She had some awful diapers but not quite as bad as what your E is experiencing.  Hope the diaper rash goes away quickly and she doesn't have a milk issue. 
  • Oh no!  I hope she doesn't have an ongoing milk issue!

Also, as far as tolerating yogurt, cheese & ice cream but not milk, I've read that is not uncommon because the processing of the dairy products (other than milk) helps to break them down more.  So, their bodies can handle other dairy products better. I have no experience with it, but I read that somewhere at some point in time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"