Breastfeeding

pump,pump - GO AWAY!

ugh.
it's almost been 4 months (5 MORE TO GO)
 .. i've been EP since LO was born  - a few times a week i try and latch him on .. but he's always been a ''lazy eater'' - LOVES BM ; but HATES working for it ..

today is just one of those days i dread pumping.
 LO is always sad/sucky after his eye apts (he has ROP still) .. and on days like today all he wants to do is be held/comforted - i wish he would just nurse ... so we could bond that much more - instead i pump ..

such a love/hate relationship with that thing..

Re: pump,pump - GO AWAY!

• Man, good for you for keeping it up for so long already!!  I am on week 7 of pumping and totally with you on the love hate relationship.  DS has been refusing to try to nurse now and I'm at a loss for what to do, but he hasn't reached his due date quite yet so I'm hoping there will be some sort of miracle at that time and he'll just get it...  Does your LO latch and then unlatch or does he at least try for a bit?  Half the time I don't know what to do with LO while pumping either.  He always seems to be awake and wanting to be held at the same time.

Well I have no advice but keep it up you are doing awesome, and when I read on here that people are still going months into it it's encouraging to me to keep going!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • M.AmyM.Amy member

My hatred for the pump comes and goes. I have been bfing and pumping for almost 12 months!  DS didn't latch until he was two months and it wasn't until he was three months that he was able to nurse without an issue. 

Pump as much as you can now because in my experience your milk will decrease over time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"