South Florida Babies

*Jackie*

Hi! Okay, so I am following all of your baby shower posts and just got to a topic that is near and dear to my heart right now. The backyard. We are currently in the throws of estimates and planning because I want a backyard before this baby is born. I want Sophia to be able to play outside in a fenced in yard, with the screen door open so that I can hear her and Isabelle. DH is actually on his way home now because the GC fence contractor from Lowes is coming by to give an estimate.

Anyway, we learned yesterday that Lowe's fence contractors charge $12 per linear foot. This is like half the price or more of some of the other contractors we have spoken to....and they are recommended by Lowes which means they should be licensed and insured.

I also want a pretty patio and so we contacted this place for stamped concrete. They charge approximate $3 a square foot.

https://www.miamiartisticconcrete.com/

The combination of the two is very affordable to us. I wanted to give you the info because I have been working on it for a while even if this may not be an expense you want before the shower and the babies come. Just print it out and keep it in your back pocket. :)

Also, if you are looking for a landscaper LizC78's (my friend who is a recent bumpie) husband is a landscaper and very decently priced.

Good luck, girlie! Maybe the shower is a good excuse to get your backyard in some kind of presentable order? :)

oxox,

Mel

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Jackie*

• OMG thanks so much for the info!  Our main goal is a terrace (roof) which does not exist.  Since this is construction, we need a contractor and permits.  We finally got the plans (remember that post about the architect in the family the wouldn't give it to us?), so we can start when we want to. 

However, to speed things along, I told Dh that I wanted the deck around the pool first, and then we can invest in the roof... that way the cost is split and not too overwhelming. 

Maybe I can try to convince him once again... thanks for reminding me!  LOL

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ::butting in::  Thanks for all the recs.  This is something we would like to do in the future.  We are working on landscaping little by little.  DH is really getting into plants and he's been purchasing some here and there and planting them himself.  His coworker is really into gardening so she's also given us lots of baby palm trees.  Other than that, we'd also like to redo the patio to extend the roof and do something about the floor.  Right now, it's stamped concrete made too look like brick, but the color has faded and it has several cracks.  Although we can't do everything we'd like to do to beautify the house right now, DH does mention that all the little things he's been doing are for me and the shower ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • De nada. :) Its been years coming for us but once I lit a fire under DH's butt he is running with it.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"