Stay at Home Moms

chocolatey desserts

Anyone have a really chocolatey dessert recipe that you love that isn't too complex?  I had something where the center was lindor white chocolate balls with a chocolate cake outside - but alas, when I need it, I don't know where I put it. =(  Anything like that?  If not, but you have a chocolate favorite, please post! thanks

Re: chocolatey desserts

• My  faves:

Oreo Truffles:

Crush a package of oreo cookies (for extra chocolate-ness, use double fudge) and mix with it with a package of softened cream cheese.  Roll into balls, and freeze for 20 minutes.  Take out of freezer, and dip each ball into melted chocolate (I usually do dark with milk or white drizzled over the top).  For extra richness- make the "dough" into a patty shape.  Put a small amount of filling (my fave is blackberry all-berry type jam); you could use a small amount of fudge, gnocchi, or sundae syrup.  Bring patty sides up to form a ball and finish like a regular one.

Better Than Sex Cake:

Bake your fave chocolate cake (you can do sheet, or reg. pans- no bundt).  When it is done and has cooled for a few minutes, poke holes in the top(s) using a thin wooden spoon, dowel, etc.  Pour carmel or hot fudge syrup, or melted chocolate, or sweetened condensed milk.  Frost using cool whip, or your favorite frosting (I suppose chocolate buttermilk would work well), and top with crushed candy bars.  Drizzle with chocolate or carmel.  

• I have a plethora of chocolate recipes on my website. Here are a few of my faves:

Low & Lush Chocolate Cheesecake

Chocolate Toffee Cream Pie

Or you can make homemade truffles! I taught a class where students made various kinds of truffles and rolled them in all sorts of coatings. Here's a link to recipes and pics of the truffles we made...

How Deep Is Your Love... For Chocolate?

• Loading the player...
  • imagejoelen&louis:

I have a plethora of chocolate recipes on my website. Here are a few of my faves:

Low & Lush Chocolate Cheesecake

Chocolate Toffee Cream Pie

Or you can make homemade truffles! I taught a class where students made various kinds of truffles and rolled them in all sorts of coatings. Here's a link to recipes and pics of the truffles we made...

How Deep Is Your Love... For Chocolate?

Oh my gosh, I follow your blog and now you're on here!  Wow it is such a small world.  LOVE your blog!  

Anyway, susan - I am a big creme brulee fan, and have made a chocolate version before which was really good.  I don't have a link to a specific recipe, however one site that I love for finding good recipes is www.recipezaar.com.  I would search for chocolate in the desserts category and then sort by Highest Rating.  I find the feedback and rankings to be really accurate in terms of finding high quality recipes.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks, these all look great!
  • imageJess_101:

i am going to make this for the holiday weekend. 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chocolate-Chip-Cheese-Ball

Holy crap to this guy.  That ball looks amazing.  Just jumped his way to number one.  THANKS! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"