Georgia Babies
Options

Eczema Update

Samantha's eczema turned worst. She's now in antibiotic cream. The doctor was afraid that with the open wound, oozing and scabbing, she might get an infection. We are now in day 2 of antibiotics.

I'm seeing some improvement(very lil but I'll take it). We have an appt scheduled with pediatric derm for next week. Wish us luck! My poor baby is itching. 

Re: Eczema Update

• Options

Ouch! Kya's flared up again too. And so has mine on my fingers.

With Kya, I ran out of Soy milk and gave her 2% regular milk ..the next day she was itching out of control. I am convinced Kya is sensitive to cow's milk now. She has scratch one to an open sore. Hate excema.  

Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • Options
    Roci26Roci26 member

ugh! poor baby. I hope the meds work and fast.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor thing!  I'm sorry she's got such a bad case of it, but I'm glad that you are seeing some improvement - even if just a little.  I hope it clears up quickly!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for baby Samantha and you Donna.  I know how heartbreaking it is for me when Darren is just itching and scratching like a mad man and there's not a whole lot I can do to help him.  I hope the pedi derm offers you some help.  We have Darren on Soy.  The biggest problem/concern w/ the eczema is just that - the infections. i put socks on darren's hands at night and during diaper changes.  Put on the cream and slather on aquaphor on top too with some close fitting pjs. Those are Dr. Emily's orders :-)
  • Options
    Maybe this is the start of everything clearing up. Eczema is the worst. Hopefully it keeps going well and she continues improving. It took Derek's a while to clear up when it got really bad.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options
    Poor baby! Ds and I are both going to the dermatologist tomorrow for eczema. He has it on his face/arms/elbows and I have it on my hands (first time ever and I'm 34 years old). His seems to be very food senstitive (peaches, strawberries, grapes/rasins) but there are other triggers that we haven't discovered yet. I'm hoping that he might recommend allergy testing if he thinks it will help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Poor girl, that sounds miserable! I hope that it clears up soon and she can get some relief!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Poor baby!  Hope that antibiotics work fast and she is doing better soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks y'all. Im trying my best not to look at it all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"