Attachment Parenting

Balance Check In

One of the 7 B's of AP is Balance. From Dr. Sears:

"In your zeal to give so much to your baby, it's easy to neglect the needs of yourself and your marriage. As you will learn the key to putting balance in your parenting is being appropriately responsive to your baby ? knowing when to say "yes" and when to say "no," and having the wisdom to say "yes" to yourself when you need help."

What have you done to maintain balance this past week?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Balance Check In

• DH & I spent some time together Friday night. That was about all I could squeeze in. 

This week I'll do better, promise. I have a 4 day weekend coming up. :) 

• I'm pretty bad about this one because DS has become my world, especially since becoming a SAHM.  DH and I were "intimate" over the weekend.  It had been about 2 months (maybe longer Embarrassed), so it was nice to spend that time together and just focus on us.  I'm hoping I can schedule a massage soon because I've had a 3 day headache and I think a massage would help.
  • Loading the player...
  • bb80bb80 member

imagejsmott76:
    I'm pretty bad about this one because DS has become my world, especially since becoming a SAHM.  DH and I were "intimate" over the weekend.  It had been about 2 months (maybe longer Embarrassed), so it was nice to spend that time together and just focus on us.  I'm hoping I can schedule a massage soon because I've had a 3 day headache and I think a massage would help.

actually, i've got you beat, 4 months, and i got laid over the weekend too! yahooooooo

and that's about it :-)

• Well we got the green light for sexy time last week at my 6 wk pp appt, but still haven't made time to, so that's something we need to work on.

We were TTC for a long time before I got pg and my sex drive was pretty high during the pregnancy so DH got a little spoiled and is hurting.

I really hope we make time soon.Confused

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • I went and saw Phish twice over the weekend. Saturday night, I went with a friend, and my husband stayed home with Ada. Sunday night, My husband and I went, and Ada stayed with our friend.

I was really worried, because I had never left her that long, and two nights seemed overwhelming. If Saturday went badly I was willing to skip Sunday. She was fine and I had fun. It turned out that I desperately needed time to myself to dance and relax. 

Also my friend was able to put her to bed, so for the first time ever, I wasn't the one to put her to bed. 

• Girls night out with amazing Mexican food and margaritas for those of us not pregnant.  Much much much needed!
  • We had a busy weekend - family stuff and SIL's bridal shower that I was co-hosting - but DD had a fever (her first real fever) and was kind of clingy so I don't know how much balance I really got. And DH has a big project at work this week so I'm playing "single mom" all week.  Really, I'm just trying to make it through until Friday morning - DH has a four-day weekend and we're spending most of it with my family. Yay!

And congrats to all the sexed-up ladies!  Sounds like there's something in the water lately!  It's amazing how a little alone time with your DH can make you feel like a real person again instead of just "Mommy," isn't it?!  (Note to myself:  Fit that in soon too!)  Big Smile

• one of my oldest friends stayed w/us this past weekend. we had a great time, and DH stayed with DD while we went out/about during the day.

plus, i got lucky too Stick out tongue there MUST be something in the water.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"