Toddlers: 24 Months+

DD up at 5:30

This has been going on for a few days now while she usually sleeps until 6:30/7:00. She goes to bed at 7:30 pm and naps midday for about 60-90 minutes.

How can I get her to sleep a little later?

Re: DD up at 5:30

• Wish I had an answer! Lily has always been an early riser. 5:30 is pretty normal for her. Any earlier and I give her some milk and put her back to bed. Surprisingly, this works most of the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How old is she? My girls went through something like this about a month ago (22 months old). So I pulled out my Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child and did some reading. Dr. W. says that around age 2 some kids start to require less sleep at night. So I moved their bedtime back by a half an hour for the first week and then to an hour later the second week and it worked. So now bedtime is 9PM and they sleep until 8-8:30AM. Before that they were going to bed by 8PM and waking at about 8-8:30.

So I would try to move her bedtime by a half an hour at first, if she can handle it (meaning not melting down on you). See if this does the trick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has been doing this off and on lately too.  I have noticed since summer started and it is light out later we have had more issues with bedtime.  Plus we recently moved DS to a toddler bed.  It takes longer to get him to bed..then sometimes he wakes up super early.  We have also had issues with naptime.

I have no advice, but feel your pain.  I am thinking it is just a stage for now.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"