Breastfeeding

Crying when trying to nurse.

Last week DS got his 4 month shots, and since then he cries almost every feeding [not saying it's directly related]. Sometimes it will be both sides but it is almost always at least on my right side. He will nurse for anywhere from 2-4 min then burst into tears. I know I have a better/ faster supply on the left side, but it comes out easily on the right side too. I have tried changing to a football hold, laying down, and switching from the right side when he cries to the left side, then when he is done or starts crying again I switch him again. At times I just stop trying to get him to eat and give him his paci and calm him down. Usually he will still go 3 hrs. in between, and he doesn't get up at night to eat, so he isn't making up for it. Any suggestions would be great. I am lost right now! TIA.

Re: Crying when trying to nurse.

• 4 months is such a funky stage. If it were me I'd be breaking out the Oragel and Tylenol - his gums might be sore and he might be starting to teeth. Or he might be sore from the shots and just fussy.
  • I agree with the PP, also, you might want to get his ears checked.  We went through a similar spell right around 3 1/2 - 4 months, and the doctor said that is the first thing to get checked (it wasn't the case with my LO and it stopped a few weeks later).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, thank you so much for the advice! I am willing to try just about anything at this point.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"