Military Families

Anyone in Baumholder?

Just found out that I'm pregnant!!  I'll be moving to Baumholder in November and was curious if there is anyone there that could give me some info on housing and health care.  Thanks in advance!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics

Re: Anyone in Baumholder?

• We were stationed there from 03-06 and loved it. Baumholder kinda sucks but everything around it really makes up for it! Landstuhl is the nearest (about 15-20 mins) medical facility to deliver or you can go to a near by krankenhaus. The base clinic was just right out the main gate.  We lived in Smith housing (on base) and was pretty nice for apartment style. Wetzel (2 mins away from the front gate) wasn?t as nice but I hear that they were redoing them or building new ones. Neubruecke is about 10- 15 min from base and they have a small commissary in that housing.  You'll have a ration card for certain items. Commissary on base is medium size and they have great case lot sales. They have a small PX, but great sales. There are larger exchanges about 30-40 mins away like Kaiserslaten and Ramstein. One of those bases has a Chili?s. I recommend taking some classes (shopping, taking the bus, cooking german food) they offer so it helps with the culture shock. Volunteer at the post office as soon as you can, at Christmas they hire help and it pays pretty good.Also getting a license was pretty easy, they offer a class and then you can take it or wait and come back when your ready. There are many things to do, castles and towns, all nearby. Hope that helps, if you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"