Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

For those who have seen RE ... a few questions

Hello all ... please forgive me if this is a stupid question.   After three miscarriages, I am contemplating seeing a RE to discuss my options.  Now this is where I may sound a bit naive.  I had always thought that a RE assists in getting you pregnant and once you are, within 8 - 10 weeks of pregnancy,  you are then switched back to you original obgyn who takes over your care at that point.  My main difficulty is in staying pregnant. I have had RPL testing ( only mthfr showed up ... taking extra folic acid for that ). And recently I was told I have four fibroids.  It is the fibroids that have me wanting to seek out a RE.  Am I correct in thinking they would be able to help me with that?  What else, if anything, would they be able to assist me with?  I'm sorry if these are "rookie" questions and I thank you all in advance for your help :-)

5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -> miss m/c discovered on 4/6/09 at 9wks 3 days ( measured 6wks 1day ) m/c on 4/15/09 -> natural m/c on 8/27/09 at 8wks 1 day -> miss m/c discovered on 5/27/10 at 8wks 3 days ( measured 8wks ) m/c on 6/15/10 -> natural m/c on 1/27/11 at 10wks 3days -> natural m/c on 3/12/12 at 7wks ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: For those who have seen RE ... a few questions

• The RE will be able to perform uterine examinations (to look for abnormalities) and will look at other variables like your hormones (estrogen, FSH, and progesterine) at various parts of your cycle. Who knows, maybe you have crappy eggs? The bloodwork they do will help you find out. I'm so sorry that you're ending up at an RE's office due to so many losses, but maybe you will find your answers there.

The downside to going to the RE is it's not always covered by insurance.

FWIW, I love my RE. It's a way different environment than an OB's office.

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • I am sorry that you're ending up heading to the RE, but it might be helpful. I had no idea the amount of testing that would be done and how closely they monitor every element that contributes to the reproduction process. They may also be able to direct you to an OB who specializes in what you're dealing with. Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it is very appropriate for you to see an RE for multiple miscarriages. There job is to get people pregnant, but is also to keep people pregnant. They can also take care of your fibroids and I am sure would want to before you get pregnant again.

I agree that the RE's office is much different than my OB's office. I much prefer the RE.

• Hi kjpam, I am so sorry about your loss. I am in the same situation. I can get pregnant but i have problem staying pregnant. I had 2 m/c is 8 months. I just had the 2nd one this month. When i got pregnant the 2nd time i was seeing a RE. She did not help me. I asked her to rx me progesterone she refused. I am now looking for another doc who can work with me. Before getting preg this time  i am going to do blood work to test for different things eg blood clot, mthfr etc.Also i will demand my doc rx progesterone when i get preg. If my body does need it will get rid of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"