High-Risk Pregnancy

24hr Urine Results are Back

But I have no idea what they are. The receptionist told me they are in, but that they needed to be reviewed. Now I am just waiting for the dr or her assistant to call me back and tell me.

This is far more nerve racking than yesterday when I was wondering if they had them in or not.

Re: 24hr Urine Results are Back

• They just called to say the results were "fine" and I can follow up on Thursday at my appointment. I am relieved, but I want to know why I am having they symptoms I am.
  • What are your symptoms? The 24 hour urine test usually distinguishes between pregnancy induced hypertension and preeclampsia. Pre-e being high BP and spilling protein, swelling, etc. PIH is just high BP caused by pregnancy.

If your 24 hr is good, I'd just be thankful that you don't have pre-e...for now!

• Loading the player...
  • I have gotten very swollen recently. I also have floaters and see fuzzy spots occasionally. I have also gotten light headed a few times in the past couple days. 

My OB didn't say anything about it really, but I am going to really monitor my BP until my appointment Thursday. I took it earlier right when I got to my parents house after work and it was 132/103. After resting with my feet up it dropped to 128/85. That was around 6ish. I just got home with my 3 year old and took it again and it was 143/94.

I am not positive what my BP normally is, but I think is usually around 120/80.  

• Sounds like you just have high blood pressure and not pre-e.  That's good news!  But you definitely need to take it easy until you talk to your doctor since clearly activity is not your friend these days.  Also make sure you are drinking lots and lots of fluids (water really) because that can help your BP too.

All of your symptoms can be caused by HBP.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"