Adoption

We are on our way to getting licensed...(long)

Hi all!

I lurk mostly and offer comments sometimes so I am not sure how well anyone "knows" me but I wanted to share anyway.

We were going through treatments for baby#2 (well #2 for me, #1 for DH) and are on a break to save up for a full injectable cycle. I have always wanted to foster after I had a few of my own children, but since we may never have another bio child we decided to start the process for fostering now.

We are open in the sense that we are going to do the foster, foster to adopt and adopt forms/studies. We shall see where life takes us. (There is a regular on here that does all 3 as well, if you are reading this please speak up I would love to talk to you)

So here's where we are now:
We have filled out initial forms, and just completed our initial training courses. DH and I have had our child welfare checks completed. We have our criminal record checks and medical forms, as well as the first of our SAFE questionnaires done (need to hand in). We are waiting for 2 of our references to come back before we can officially start the homestudy. Unfortunately this may take some time due to people on vacation and such. Silly slow gov't.

We are also getting prepared here too. We have a crib, a bed, 2 carseats and some clothes and such. We still need to babyproof and get some other safety items like fire ladders, but it is coming together nicely.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to getting to "know" you ladies more.

Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: We are on our way to getting licensed...(long)

• I recognize the cute little ballerina in your siggy!

Congrats on getting the process going. Hopefully the rest will go by quickly for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!!!! It is such an exciting experience. My DH and I do foster care/ foster adopt also!

If you EVER have any questions I'd be more than happy to talk with you!!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, and wow mrscoley your children are ADORABLE!!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Welcome!  DH and I are also pursuing Foster/Foster to Adopt.  We have all of our paper work turned in and our first homestudy is this Thursday.  I probably won't be able to answer many of your questions, but I can provide fantastic moral support. Smile Good Luck!
               image      image      image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"