Natural Birth

yeshuahamasshiah - pediatric chiropractor

noticed in a post below that you plan to take your NB to see a pediatric chiropractor. i see a chiropractor regularly, but have never heard of infants having adjustments. how did you learn of this and why did you decide to do this? i've had tremendous improvement in my quality of life since getting regular adjustments, but i never thought an infant would need them. i'm very curious now!

thanks for anything you share!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: yeshuahamasshiah - pediatric chiropractor

• Hi! My chiropractor actually attended my birth and adjusted me and DS about an hour after delivery. He came out pretty twisted, so the adjustment helped him relax. I took him to get adjusted a few days later which greatly helped with BFing since he would only turn his head to one side. According to my MW and chiropractor, getting your baby adjusted soon after birth can also reduce the risk of SIDS, help with colic, sleep issues, and much more!
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • WOW WOW WOW!!! i had no idea! thanks! this is really fascinating!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey Lindsey - I have a great one in Fairfax if you're interested!  
  • imageFun2Dream:
    Hey Lindsey - I have a great one in Fairfax if you're interested!  

might take your offer! i see my regular chiro on thursday and plan to ask him whether pedi chiro is in his box o tricks.

• My chiro said that she has been "aunt Brandie" at several hospitals during births to help adjust her clients. She's on call with me right now and we plan on taking Cletus to her after the birth for all of the aforementioned things. Anything to help make it a smoother transition, right?
  • There was a time when I thought Chiropractor care was mainly for people with back injuries or maybe for someone looking for pain relief after a car accident, etc.

However I started seeing a Chiropractor to make sure I was doing well in my pregnancy and to lower my chances of ending up with a breech presentation. Turns out our Chiro is also a Pediatric Chiropractor, she is an active member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and she is in constant training. She was asking if we planned to bring the baby once I delivered, which threw me way off.... she went on to explain the benefits and of course I left the office thinking she was nuts.

I arrived home and started googling all the things she mentioned and turns out there are tons of evidence to prove that chiropractic care from birth helps prevent many childhood illnesses and helps provide a more med-free lifestyle.

For instance as I mentioned on the post about what to ask your pediatrician. If a child were to have an ear infection, the Chiropractor would have the child  lay onto his or her back, then the pediatric chiropractic doctor would adjust the neck, the goal would be to help open up the eustachian tube, so that any infections can clear out without needing antibiotics. Though regular adjustments would prevent this all together.

ADHD, regular adjustments would keep the child less restless. I did not find anyone or any study claiming that chiropractic care would cure ADHD but it can be used to prevent it and in turn avoid medication in the future.

As far as how it would benefit a NB, as natural as a birth may be, it's still a traumatic event for our LOs. Their head gets all squashed and they get mushed coming through the birth canal. Not to mention that with interventions such as having a c-section, an epi, pit, all these can disrupt a child's equilibrium. Chiro care from birth can help with BF, colic, sleeping problems, etc.

I am sure I am forgetting other benefits. Needless to say I am now seeing the Chiro 2/week until I deliver, DH has a monthly appt along with DS and LO2 will also see the Chiro after he/she is born.

I will try and find some links for sure and I will post them or PM them for you! HTH for now! Smile

• imagemzovoce:
    My chiro said that she has been "aunt Brandie" at several hospitals during births to help adjust her clients. She's on call with me right now and we plan on taking Cletus to her after the birth for all of the aforementioned things. Anything to help make it a smoother transition, right?

Okay that's just the best!

Mom to 3 wonderful Free Birthed kiddos
  • imageyeshuahamasshiah:

There was a time when I thought Chiropractor care was mainly for people with back injuries or maybe for someone looking for pain relief after a car accident, etc.

However I started seeing a Chiropractor to make sure I was doing well in my pregnancy and to lower my chances of ending up with a breech presentation. Turns out our Chiro is also a Pediatric Chiropractor, she is an active member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and she is in constant training. She was asking if we planned to bring the baby once I delivered, which threw me way off.... she went on to explain the benefits and of course I left the office thinking she was nuts.

I arrived home and started googling all the things she mentioned and turns out there are tons of evidence to prove that chiropractic care from birth helps prevent many childhood illnesses and helps provide a more med-free lifestyle.

For instance as I mentioned on the post about what to ask your pediatrician. If a child were to have an ear infection, the Chiropractor would have the child  lay onto his or her back, then the pediatric chiropractic doctor would adjust the neck, the goal would be to help open up the eustachian tube, so that any infections can clear out without needing antibiotics. Though regular adjustments would prevent this all together.

ADHD, regular adjustments would keep the child less restless. I did not find anyone or any study claiming that chiropractic care would cure ADHD but it can be used to prevent it and in turn avoid medication in the future.

As far as how it would benefit a NB, as natural as a birth may be, it's still a traumatic event for our LOs. Their head gets all squashed and they get mushed coming through the birth canal. Not to mention that with interventions such as having a c-section, an epi, pit, all these can disrupt a child's equilibrium. Chiro care from birth can help with BF, colic, sleeping problems, etc.

I am sure I am forgetting other benefits. Needless to say I am now seeing the Chiro 2/week until I deliver, DH has a monthly appt along with DS and LO2 will also see the Chiro after he/she is born.

I will try and find some links for sure and I will post them or PM them for you! HTH for now! Smile

this is all totally amazing! my son had chronic ear infections last summer -- until i stopped giving him the antibiotic Rx'd by the pedi. then they cleared up. i'm definitely looking into this for my children. thank you!

• Im so glad i read this!! I have heard of people going while they are pregnant to help with labor.. I'm going to try to find a chiropractor this time around and see about for the baby also! Thats wonderful! Thanks!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with everything yeshuahamasshiah said!  I am a chiro and am working on my ICPA certification in pediatrics.  I have worked with pregnant women and infants and children frequently.  Chiropractic is so amazing with the little ones...they respond so well to care, and are truly the miracle cases.  Visit the ICPA website for tons of info www.icpa4kids.com, you can also search your area for a peds chiro on the website.

Good luck!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My chiro also came to my birth and adjusted me while I was in the aqua doula. :)

I didn't end up taking Lily into the chiro unti 6 weeks, but I wish I had done it sooner!  She ended up needing cranial sacral therapy that probably would have been prevented if I had taken her in the first week. 

Anyway, Lily loved seeing the chiro when she was an infant- she was totally relaxed.  She has also been a couple of times since she turned one and just thought it was a lot of fun.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"