Birth Stories

How long did you TTC?

I was just wondering how long you all Tried to Conceive before you actually got pregnant?

You can find all these stats online but I'd really like to hear from the moms & moms-to-be!

Re: How long did you TTC?

• Bugg22Bugg22 member
    Dh and I were very lucky and concieved on our first try, 1 month. I have read though that it takes a average of 6 months for a person to concieve. HTH
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • My DH and I were beyond blessed. We decided to start TTC on 2/1/2010. When I went in for my first ultrasound to date the pregnancy. They said our date of conception was 2/1/2010. (Very happy we didnt decide to start on the 2nd!)
  • Loading the player...
  • It took us about 6 months.
  • I went off of birth control when I was 26.  We weren't trying to have a baby, but I was just using cervical mucus as an indicator of my fertile period - no other prevention.  I figured that we would have a "surprise!" at some point with this method, but we never did (4 years)!  

When I was about to turn 30, I decided that it was time to "try."  I was diagnosed with mild PCOS in Sept. '09, and after only four months of acupuncture and mildly "trying" - using mucus, but no temp charts, I was most happily pregnant!  I found out that I was pregnant two weeks after my 30th birthday!  Perfect timing!

• Twenty-two cycles.  Two were Clomid, three were with injectible medications and the final cycle was IVF.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were very lucky and only TTC for 1 month. I was in shock because I had been on birth control for 6 years prior, 2 of those years was the depo shot. DH actually told me I was pregnant before I knew. He had to buy the test and make me take it because I really did not think I was pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Less than a month for both kids.
  • We decided to start trying in January 2010.  We found out in December 2009 we were pregnant. Surprise! 

I have PCOS and we had been warned that it would take a while.  My Doctor said we were very, very lucky. Smile

• EMTXEMTX member
    We were very lucky and got pg the first cycle we started trying (I was charting).

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started trying 11/09 and I got a BFP 02/10. I have very long cycles though, so it was actually my second cycle trying. 
  • DD1 - 1st try successful (charting)

"B2" - 2nd cycle (charting).  Miscarriage at 11.5 weeks.

Currently trying and on cycle 5.  Hopefully soon!

• 3ish months. Went off my birth control pill in early August 09 and got my BFP on November 15th 09.
    kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1 cycle using cervical mucus as an idicator - that one ended in a very early miscarriage.  We got pregnant again right away the very next cycle, once again watching the cm.
  • I was on birth control for about 6 years (4.5 years on pills, 6 months on the Ring, 1 year on Depo). My last Depo shot was 2/8/09 and we started trying immediately after that. Depo usually last 12-15 weeks so I guess it wasn't really "trying" until May or June. Conceived 3/6/10 with positive home test on 3/19/10.
  • 4th month was the charm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 29 y/o

Went off of pill in August and was pregnant within 3 cycles using FAM to conceive.

Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • Went off BCP 10/09 got BFP 12/09 had missed miscarriage 2/10. 

BFP # 2 6/10, charting, checking cm, using OPK's.  

• I was charting the entire time and month number 7 was lucky for us.
  • I'm 25 and DH is 28. I'd been on the pill for about six years solid, and I also made a habit of taking three packs back to back without a break. So I figured it would take a while for my cycles to regulate. We decided to stop with the birth control and see what happened. We were happy to get pregnant within two weeks or two years, whatever worked...we were relaxed about it and weren't doing anything special to "try."

I took the last pill on 9/30/2010 and I got a positive pregnancy test on 10/31/2010. So...happened really quick! We were lucky!

• 3+ years I stopped counting after the one year mark but it was something like 40 cycles 2 were IVF cycles.
  • It took a total of 14 cycles/months for us, I had a m/c and a c/p before finally getting our sticky BFP.

I went off BC (Nuva Ring) at the end of October 2008 and started charting/trying right away. My first BFP was Sept. 2009 (10 cycles/months - m/c 7 1/2 weeks), second was Dec. 2009 (13 cycles/months - c/p 4 weeks), and finally Jan. 2010 (14 cycles/months - baby girl due Oct. 2nd!!)

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6 months, using FAM

Me: 31 DH: 35

• My hubby and I tried for 9 months before success.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • 1st: 2 years exactly, IUI + Clomid.

2nd: 2 months exactly after IUD was removed.

Funny how that happens...

• We were very lucky and got pregnant after only one month of trying.  I think that the average is more around 6 months though.
  • 12 years...The doctors told me last year that I'd probably never conceive, so we started looking at adoption and foster care...Hubby was getting deployed, so we decided to put that off for awhile...and found out that my 30th birthday present was a little bun in the oven Surprise

Just goes to show that when it's time, it'll happen :) 

• I went off the pill on November 27th and found out we were pregnant on January 1st. Very easy and I'm happy we had no issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"