Single Parents
Options

SO exciting!

I have been driving around a piece of shiit car because it was all I could afford when I was pregnant. I have spent my entire tax return trying to make it safe to drive. It is depressing because I have nothing left to put into it, and it STILL needs work. Not to mention, it doesn't have any AC! So DD and I can't go anywhere on the hot days or else we'll roast!

After babysitting my younger (half) sister this past weekend, I had a few relatively deep conversations with my (former) stepmom. She's a wonderful woman and, while things can go wrong in her life, she is always positive! 

She told me she is going to buy a new SUV after she gets some bonuses at work. She is a great example of a single mom. She gets everything she wants and she works hard for it. So, I jokingly said, "Oh, then you can give me your car!" It's an 05 Nissan Altima and fun to drive. She said, "Yeah! I can!" I thought she was kidding. I looked at her, she nodded. I said, "Well if you wait until next year I can give you my tax return to put toward it." Not that this is anywhere near the 11,000 its worth. She said, "Yeah, you can give me a DOLLAR."

She's wonderful! I don't know when this will be happening but I am so blessed to have such generous people in my life. I can't wait to not worry about breaking down every time I get in my car. 

Re: SO exciting!

• Options

How generous of her!!

It's so nice to know that you have people who love you enough to try and help every chance that they can!!

Good things come to those who wait.

My dad is going to cosign for me to get a reliable car. I'm hoping to get something good enough to last until I'm done with school and can afford to get something on my own.

Having a good support system is the best blessing when your going through these things in life!

Congrats on getting a new car, sometime in the near future!

• Options
    Awww, that made me tear up!  You are so blessed to have such a sweet stepmom. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome news!  You know she really understands the position you're in and that she wants to help you out.  Family is the greatest during times of need!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's great news!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A safe car will take so much weight off your shoulders. I have been there.

One time when my daughter was about 4 or 5 I had a hose that would keep falling off... Leading me to have to fill up the coolent and replace hose. It happened in the mall parking garage. You know not one person stopped to help me. You learn to fix things yourself but people amaze me.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options

wow - that's wonderful!  how nice of her.

yay for a new(er) vehicle!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"