North Carolina Babies

A Question-Probably TMI

I hate to post this, but I am curious what your experiences have been. When I was pregnant with my DD, I lost my mucus plug and had the "bloody show" about a week before she was born. I have not had it with this one yet and am wondering if that means this baby will be late? Or does not everyone have this experience? So I am curious if all of you lost your mucus plug/bloody show prior to your baby being born? And if so, how far in advance of delivering did this happen?

Thanks and so sorry for the TMI post!!

Re: A Question-Probably TMI

• I didn't loose it with either.  Natalie was born at 41 wk, Claire was a planned c/s at 39 wk.  From what I've heard, it's all over the map as to whether someone looses their mucus plug or not compared to when they actually deliver.

You're so close!  Hope you go into labor soon.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never lost my mucus plug or had a "bloody show." My water broke at 39 weeks and DS was born about 12 hours later!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • No I didn't.  I had no symtoms or signs at all until my water broke. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i didn't have that.  my water broke at 37w6d and she was born that day.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had bloody show then 56 hours later, I had Nicolas.  They were the longest 56 hours EVER!!
  • DS was 2 days early, never lost the plug or had bloody show....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lost my MP (or part of it) like 3 weeks before and then some more a week before. I delivered 9 days before my due date. I don't know how much that has to do with anything, I mentioned losing it to my dr and they didn't seem to care, so who knows!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started having some bloody show about 4 days before I went into labor with Nate.  It was just a little bit of bleeding, but it was enough for me to think that labor would start soon.  It did take 4 days before my water broke though. 
  • You all are making me feel a lot better, thanks! I was thinking I had to lose it first and then the baby would come, glad to know that is not the case for everyone. Thanks!
  • I didn't lose my mucus plug or have bloody show until my water was broken at the hospital and DD was still 3 days early!

Good luck. I can't believe we're about to have another new baby around here!

• imagemrsmikey:
    No I didn't.  I had no symtoms or signs at all until my water broke. 

Ditto this for me!

• imagemrsmikey:
    No I didn't.  I had no symtoms or signs at all until my water broke. 

Ditto this for me! Can't believe you're so close! Time flies!!

• With DD I had mild contractions around noon, lost MP/water break at 5 and then delivered her around 8 the next morning. It all happened so fast! Up until that day I had ZERO signs of labor or dilation etc.  I'm curious as to what's going to happen this time around!  Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"