Blended Families
Options

Video tape kid exchange ?

I have seen on posts before and today about people video taping the return of kids after a visitation. This might be a really dumb question, but how exactly is that done? Is there a 3rd party that accompanies the parent and stands back with a camera, and I assume you are getting audio and video.

Sorry I know this is dumb, but I just can't picture doing this (because our kids age they would be more interested in the camera than DH or BM - lol).Also if kid exchange is being done in public place (we do airports) there are security people around (along with security cameras) if something really awful happened.

Maybe my BM isn't as BSC as I think though and I trust you guys that this is necessary in your individual situations, I'm just curious.

Thanks

Re: Video tape kid exchange ?

• Options
    We just carry it with us. If the pick up/drop off occurs at our house, then we set up the camera on the furniture. If it occurs anywhere else, we just carry it up to the door or wherever with us. It is a little silly, but given what we have had to deal with in the past, it's absolutely necessary. SD asked us once why we video taped and we told her we just wanted to have videos and left it at that, she told us her BM videos us so we don't hurt her. Nice.
  • Options
    Oh for the LOVE of God DREWLILY - I can't believe your BM - oh wait, yes I can. WHY do they think this kind of talk is okay to the kids?!!? Real MOTY stuff huh? (Mother of the year)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BM started videotaping our exchanges when she decided that my DH and his parents are aggressive and angry because DH wanted to spend time with his DD.  A year and a half later there is lots of video of a whole lot of nothing.  We exchange at our front door and on the sidewalk in front of BM's house, so she just brings someone else who films or they film from the house.  The only time we film is if we feel like there might be a problem or issue and that is to protect DH.  It is ridiculous but not harmful, we have gotten used to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"