Baby Showers
Options

Shower Gift <?>

I have a shower coming up in the middle of July. The LO is due in Aug.
Now I have like 20 outfits of DS's that he never wore, have the tags on them and I bought for him. They are like size 6 month outfits and sweaters.

Do you think it is wrong of me to pull a few out of the stash I have to give her? Some I know she will love because they are baseball related and some childrens place sweaters and pants. I was going to add a sophie and something else to the mix. 

Just wondering your thoughts on this re-gifting. :)

TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Shower Gift <?>

• Options
    I think it's perfectly fine. The clothes were never worn and still have the tags. There's no reason to let perfectly good clothes go to waste. Get her something else useful to go with the clothes so she ends up with more than clothes and blankets :)
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it, but I would be sure to add something smaller to the gift from her registry.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    nothing wrong with that! especially if the tags are still on.. what she doesn't know won't hurt her :)  I do agree with PP that you could add one or two small gifts off of her registry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I LOVE the idea - go ahead.  It sounds like a great use of things.  We have received some gifts that we are unable to return (no receipts) but are duplicates of things we didn't even register for.  I am leaving the tags on, and waiting to see if I have someone to give them to!
  • Options
    I agree- perfectly fine!  Just make sure she wasn't there if you received it as a gift like at your shower or something. 
  • Options

Just playing Devil's Advocate....what if the mommy to be asks you where you got it so she can exchange it for a different size? Are the items still available in the store? If not, would you feel awkward telling her you have had them for a while?

Also, as PP suggested, make sure that the re-gifted gifts are not items that came from someone that will be at the shower...

Otherwise, I say go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options
    I agree with the others.  Make sure she is not the one that gave you the items of clothing.  As far as her asking where you got them, etc. that would be tacky on her end to ask so I doubt she would.  Even if she did, you can just say you don't remember.  Stores change out clothes all the time.  I would add something "practical" that you couldn't live without whether it is on her registry or not. 
  • Options
    imagehopefulmom:
    I agree with the others.  Make sure she is not the one that gave you the items of clothing.  As far as her asking where you got them, etc. that would be tacky on her end to ask so I doubt she would.  Even if she did, you can just say you don't remember.  Stores change out clothes all the time.  I would add something "practical" that you couldn't live without whether it is on her registry or not. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"