Baby Showers

2nd child shower

Everyone keeps mentioning a shower, but I have always been opposed to showers for second babies.  Now people have offered to throw one, but I don't want to offend anyone.  We have nothing since our first child will be 7 1/2 before the baby is born.  I don't want to upset people and say no to a shower, and we could really use the help with some items, but I also don't want to offend anyone by having one? What do you think?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: 2nd child shower

• Sorry, I didn't read through all the post before I posted mine.  I read through the previous post about this but if anyone has any extra thoughts let me know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I don't think you will offend anyone because you oldest is 7 1/2  and people understand because that's a big gap and they should understand that you have already gave all the baby stuff away or something.

Only one person really drove me crazy was my cousin. she had 4 boys kinda close together and she had a baby shower every time if she would of had a diaper and wipe party for like the last 1 or 2 I would of felt better. If you feel like your asking for 2 much just have a diaper and wipe party everyone needs those and people will still buy you clothes. I think all babies need new clothes 

I'm on my second and I'm having a second shower because for one I put a lot of Nathaniel's things in storage and they got all gross so i threw them away and my son is only going to be 23 months so he will still need his crib for a little bit. All I have really is a bumbo chair and a swing and i would like a swing that doesn't take batteries

• Loading the player...
  • Since your oldest is 7 1/2 I would not be opposed to having one (as a guest I would attend one for someone in your situation too).  Just keep it smaller for close family and friends and I am sure they all would be glad to attend.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagepam1005:
    Since your oldest is 7 1/2 I would not be opposed to having one (as a guest I would attend one for someone in your situation too).  Just keep it smaller for close family and friends and I am sure they all would be glad to attend.

this exactly! as long as it doesn't turn into a 30+ guest list of people you barely talk to.. I think it's fine to have a small shower.. a "sprinkle" for second children especially when there is such a large gap in age.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As said, 7 1/2 year gap is pretty big and I'm sure those who are close to you would gladly want to help you out.  But I stress the 'close' to you.  I would use caution in creating the guest list and wouldn't use this as an opportunity to invite every woman you've ever known and haven't seen or talked to in "forever".

Keep it to the people you really are close to and you'll be good.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imagepam1005:
    Since your oldest is 7 1/2 I would not be opposed to having one (as a guest I would attend one for someone in your situation too).  Just keep it smaller for close family and friends and I am sure they all would be glad to attend.

Agreed.  This should be a small event with people who would already want to celebrate your next LO.  The term Sprinkle is used a lot on this board.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I personally don't see a problem with a 2nd child shower.  I think it's awesome that your family & friends want to throw one for you.   The people close to you are probably much less sensitive to etiquette than personal strangers on the internet, so it's a 99.9999% chance that they will not be offended.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"