Two Under 2

RP: Moms whose younger DC is 12 months or older - fighting!!

My kids are fighting like CRAZY now over every little toy.  They each have their own PB anywhere chair, but they both have to be sitting in the same one.  They start pushing or kicking each other and are constantly screaming.  Help!  DS is too young to understand the "you can play with this for 5 minutes and then when time is up, DD can" logic.  Any ideas?  I feel like all I do all day is pick DS up and try and engage him with another toy (which rarely ever works). 

ETA:  I do get them out every day for awhile; we either go to the gym (child center), the pool or the playground; sometimes we run errands.  If I didn't get out it would be so much worse!!

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP: Moms whose younger DC is 12 months or older - fighting!!

• I find with my boys it has come in waves.  The first wave was when DS#2 became mobile.  This obviously threatened DS#1 and he would sit on or squash his little brother.

Then things got better for a while.

Now that the boys are 1.5yrs and 3.0 years, I am starting to see them have fun together, but it (almost) always ends in tears when the 1.5 year old (inevitiably) gets hurt.  Sharing is difficult too.  The little one is sometimes better at it than the older one.

It all makes me C.R.A.Z.Y!  I am actively looking forward to the time that they will be smart enough to take their disagreements out of earshot.

Keep pushing the lessons of sharing, taking turns, etc.  Sooner or later they will start to sink in.  And drink wine.  Lots of wine.  Wink

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"