Pennsylvania Babies

Lancaster Women's and Babies

it looks like this is where we will be delivering.  any information, opinions, or stories would be appreciated.

Re: Lancaster Women's and Babies

• I just delivered there almost 4 weeks ago.  Email me your questions.

KiaNWeber at aol dot com

• My DD was born at Women's and Babies in January 2010.  The nurses were fabulous!  I had complications.  I was admitted on Tues and my DD wasn't born until Fri of that week.  The nurses were compassionate and very caring.  My husband and teenage daughter stayed with me 24/7.  We had A LOT of visitors, and they treated our family and friends wonderfully.  I was in the labor and delivery suite from Tues until Sat.  On Sat. night, baby and I were moved over to the other section (I forget what it was called).  That room was much nicer and bigger.  A lot of my nurses came over there to see how we were doing on their next shift. 

We elected to have the baby in the room with us overnight, but you can send your babe back to the nursery whenever you want.  One particulary night at 3 a.m. a nurse heard her fussing and came in and offered to take her so we could get some sleep. 

One of my docs told me I could be discharged on Mon.  When another doc came in on Mon morning, he said no.  Naturally, I cried.  (Yay for hormones).  I had a whole room full of nurses trying to comfort me when they heard I was staying another night.  I laugh about it now, but I can't say enough about the nurses.  They were great! 

The food is pretty good too.  If you like crab cakes, gotta get them!  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • My sister had both of her kids there. They are super friendly, are great with security and safety of your baby, and offer large, private rooms. I'll be delivering my first there in December, and I have heard so many great comments about their food. Everyone says it's like restaurant food, not hospital food. Visitation is nice, too, and nurses are good about helping you and being the "bad guy" for you if you want. If you want to nurse in private or just be alone for a few minutes during the more "personal" moments, they are good at clearing the room for 5 minutes or until you're done.

Enjoy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"