South Florida Babies
Options

Was out of town

DH and I got back earlier today from visiting all our family in Illinois for the past five days. It was so wonderful but so exhausting. My dad's side of the family threw us a surprise shower and we got some amazing things. My grandma made the baby a quilt. I couldn't help but cry over that; I was so touched. .

I've experienced my first couple of bouts with swelling during this pregnancy. Both days after flying my feet swelled up to mammoth proportions. I'm resting with my feet up and drinking water like a fish. Hopefully it won't take long for my feet to go back to normal. ;)

Glad to be back in touch on the board. I'm slowing catching up. LOL

Re: Was out of town

• Options

That's so nice that you got to spend time with your family and what a nice surprise.  They must be so excited!!!

I hope the swelling goes down soon.  It's probably just from the plane ride and, hopefully, won't happen again. 

Glad to have you back!

• Options

Welcome back! How special - baby Z has a handmade quilt - gifts from the heart will be treasured for years.

Sorry to hear about the swelling - I had the same issue when flying in my third trimester. I just restricted my sodium intake, upped the water and stayed off my feet. You need extra pampering after a big trip like that. Hope your week back isn't too hectic! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    welcome home! YAY for your first shower, now kick up those puppies and relax =]
  • Options

Welcome home!!! How awesome about the surprise shower!

Oh man...I know all about swelling. My swelling with Sophia was just hideous. When you can, rest your feet UP...like above your heart. So pile the couch pillows and relax. The easiest way for me to do this with Sophia was in the bathtub.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad you had a good trip!  I find that wearing compression socks when you can really helps with the swelling.  I don't wear them every day, but when I fly or if I'm wearing jeans or just sitting around the house.  They make a huge difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"