Two Under 2
Options

working moms: what are you doing for childcare?

I have a 24 month old and an 8 month old.  We have been going to a center for the last 6 months, but getting the two of them dressed and out the door is sort of exhausting.  We pay a little over $500/wk for the two of them. 

I am thinking of getting a nanny or aupair and sending my older one to preschool 2 - 1/2 days per week.  It looks like the cost would break pretty even.  I am a little worried that 2u2 is a lot to handle though :)

What do you do?

Re: working moms: what are you doing for childcare?

• Options

I SAH but if it were me I would pay someone the same amount to come to me, since it would save me time, and energy each morning. 

You could find someone for that im sure, I guess it depends on where you live though. GL! that has to be exhausting 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCaitlinJ22:

I SAH but if it were me I would pay someone the same amount to come to me, since it would save me time, and energy each morning. 

You could find someone for that im sure, I guess it depends on where you live though. GL! that has to be exhausting 

That's kind of what I'm thinking.  Plus my 2 year old LOVES his house. 

Congratulations on having your baby!  I remember that you were nervous your husband would be out of town.  Was he able to be there for the delivery?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealli2672:
    imageCaitlinJ22:

That's kind of what I'm thinking.  Plus my 2 year old LOVES his house. 

Congratulations on having your baby!  I remember that you were nervous your husband would be out of town.  Was he able to be there for the delivery?

thanks! yup he made it. Thank God. He's OOT now though...on my own for 17 more days....ugh, its ok though, im getting into a groove.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi there- i work full time and have a nanny. we are trying for #2 now and will keep our current nanny but probably pay a buck or two more an hour.  Let me just tell you how wonderful she makes my life!!!  She comes to our house so no matter what stage I am in with getting either myself or DD ready, she takes DD and i can finish doing my thing.  She also does all the baby clothes laundry, runs the vacuum and cleans all the bottles.  One day a week we take DD to MIL- ugh.....it takes me forever to get us out the door!!  I recommend whatever works for you and your family but for us, a nanny has helped us out tremendously.....
  • Options
    I think I will have to stay at home when this one comes because daycare for us will be 2400$ a month.  Which after adding in the cost of working (parking, new clothes, etc.) it starts to become not worth it for me to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"