South Florida Babies

infant car seat and city mini - availability issue

The Chicco infant car seat I chose to use with the City Mini is always out of stock both on BBB and BRU online in the color I want (the other one is always available, lol).  I called both and they don't know when it'll be available.  However, I was at BBB last week and they had 5.  Now, they're out of stock but have reordered them and should be receiving them in about 2 weeks.  Like I mentioned earlier, MIL already ordered the City Mini with the car seat adapter specifically for the Chicco and she was going to get the car seat this afternoon.  

Should I wait/continue stalking BBB and BRU until it becomes available? Or, should I start looking into another brand and exchange the adapter? It seems like I have plenty of time, but the item has been out of stock on both websites since I started looking into these items about a month ago.  

Re: infant car seat and city mini - availability issue

• If that is the carseat you want, then I'd hold off and wait (as much as you can of course).  If the adapters are easy to come across, keep it until you make a final decision.

Have you tried searching eBay for the carseat?  It doesn't have to be a used carseat to buy on eBay!  There are a lot of stores on eBay that sell brand new items.  Call La Ideal, and other stores that may have them available... don't give up!  LOL 

Do you see a trend w/ me?!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Check amazon.com too. You can get brand new items from lots of different vendors throughout the country.

• Loading the player...
  • I did a quick google shopping search and it also seems out of stock on most sites.  IDK if MIL feels comfortable buying from ebay or other random websites.  I'm sure she'd rather wait to get it from BBB.  It's just when I see items like this that are always out of stock, it makes me worry that it's being discontinued.  The BBB salesperson reassured me that it's just a very popular item and although it has good safety ratings, I'm just starting to wonder if I should look into another car seat to use with the City Mini JIC.  I think some of the girls have mentioned the Maxi Cosi and the Primo Viaggio.  
  • OMG!  It's almost double the price on Amazon!  There's only one on ebay and the auction ends tomorrow.  I guess it really is popular in the color I want.  I think I'll just be patient and wait for it to be available at BBB or BRU.  
  • Not sure how close/far Baby Love is to you but I know they have the Keyfit30 too.

• That is far from us, but I'm sure we will be going to Ikea again within the next couple of months.  So, if I haven't gotten the car seat by then, maybe we'll make a pit stop at Baby Love.  Thx!
  • The infant seat on the Citi Mini is rather large  to be using to tote around an infant in my opinion.  Get the carseat you want and a snap n'go/ graco snugrider to use in the beginning.  Much lighter, bigger basket, etc.  Use the Citi for longer outings (with or without infant seat), or trips you need better tires (off paved roads, etc.).  And get the adapter that goes with the carseat you chose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"