Infertility

Beta and Estrogen levels

Hi girls,

My first beta came in today at 95.6, and my progesterone was good, but the nurse said my estrogen was low and I need to go pick up a patch from the pharmacy.

Anyone else heard of this?  I just read that the estrogen patch is linked to developmental problems in the urinary tract for fetuses :(  I'm nervous now.

TIA

dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Beta and Estrogen levels

• I don't know what causes the low estrogen but you have to kind of throw out everything that medicine labels say about stuff like that. The way it was explained to me is that you using IVF to get pregnant your body needs to replace some of the hormones that are made naturally when people normally get pregnant. (I hate using that sentence). Just like most people don't use the progesterone either. You just need to get your body to start making those things on their own. Congrats!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • LCB34LCB34 member

It is very normal at my clinic to add in estrogen either at your progesterone check or your first beta.

I added in 2 Vivelle dots (changed every 3rd day I think) and then 3 estrogen pills a day at 3dp5dt due to low estrogen. 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have advice about estrogen but congrats on the beta!
    After 20 months, 5 IUIs, PCOS, Endo and IVF, our baby is here! Full IF history in blog
    ~Life After Infertility~
  • Hi! I've been on 2 vivelle dots (which, btw are totally NOT dots... they are rectangles!!) for a week - 4dp5dt. 

My clinic is hard core about hormones and blood checks, right now I'm on 2ccs of PIO, 6 estradiol, 4 prometrium + 2 separate prescribed prenatals every day and the 2 vivelle dots every third day. 

I wouldn't worry about adding the vivelle. Smile

And HUGE congrats on the beta!!!!

Our IVF Miracle Arrived 2.26.11! <a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/KikiGee/?action=view
  • Congrats on the beta! When is beta#2?
    Stacy
    PCOS, RPL, & Anti Cardiolipin Antibody
  • Congrats on your BFP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerachel06:
    I don't know what causes the low estrogen but you have to kind of throw out everything that medicine labels say about stuff like that. The way it was explained to me is that you using IVF to get pregnant your body needs to replace some of the hormones that are made naturally when people normally get pregnant. (I hate using that sentence). Just like most people don't use the progesterone either. You just need to get your body to start making those things on their own. Congrats!

Along those lines, my RE says that since they have been controlling the hormones for the IVF (and not my brain and ovaries) that the body still needs that additional help afterwards.  It isn't the same as achieving a pregnancy the traditional way.

I also took a Vivelle patch and 3 estrogen pills a day.

• I just wanted to say congrats on your beta!

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• Congratulations!!
  • I wouldn't worry too much about the estrogen. In IVF your body takes a little while to catch up with producing the hormones for pregnancy.

Congratulations on your BFP!!! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Congrats!! Great beta!  I have not heard of this but my suppositores are progesterone and estrogen in one.
    Feb 2010 - IVF #1 BFP, miscarriage with D&C April 2010 - IVF #2 BFN June 2010 - IVF #3 BFP, Baby girl born March 2011 Oct 2011 - Natural BFP, D&C Dec Jan 2012 - back to RE
  • Congrats on your beta!! Sorry, no advice on the additional meds. Can't wait to hear about beta #2!
    Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
  • Nothing to add about the estrogen but a big congrats on the beta!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"