March 2011 Moms
Options

Hello! ? re. due date

I got my BFP this morning and excited to be moving on up! I have a question about calculating due date (for those that charted and know when they O'd). Are you going to calculate due date from lmp or O date? I am pretty sure my dr. is going to use lmp (my appt. is July 9), but I want to go by O date, which puts me at 5 days later. I think I'm going to just go by O date.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello! ? re. due date

• Options
    I went by my O date but only because I O'd on CD23 and nowhere near CD14 that would made LMP even close. I just depends on when you did O.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I have longer cycles and ovulated later too.  When I called to make an appt. the office estimates Feb. 27 based on my last period but my cycles aren't 28 days.  According to FF my due date would be March 6th.  I'm pretty sure when they do an ultrasound they can determine how far you are along and then a due date based on that.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagealliejoe:
    I have longer cycles and ovulated later too.  When I called to make an appt. the office estimates Feb. 27 based on my last period but my cycles aren't 28 days.  According to FF my due date would be March 6th.  I'm pretty sure when they do an ultrasound they can determine how far you are along and then a due date based on that.

Yeah, when I get an ultrasound (which I think is commonly done @ 10-12 weeks here) they'll be able to date it with some accuracy, but in the meantime I was wondering what I should do (although, we're not telling anyone for a while, I just want to make a ticker Stick out tongue)

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    I didn't want to make a ticker until I had a "real" due date either, but I'm having to wait till 10-12 weeks too, and I couldn't be that patient!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

You're right your Dr will probably go off of your LMP, but for your own records I'd use your O-date, especially if you charted.

• Options

I made my ticker off of the first day of my last period. I Oed on CD18 but I have a feeling my OBGYN will go off of my last period so I'll just leave it at that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went by my O date (CD25) other wise I would be 11 days off on the ultrasound. I have a OB appointment on the 30th and I will see what they say then but I am sure the OB will go with my O day as well.
  • Options

I went by my O date, since I O on CD 23. When I called to make my appt, they said that they initially go by LMP for appt. scheduling, but that my Dr. would take into account my longer cycles and my charting at my first appt.  

• Options
    I went by my O day.  Although AF started June 2nd, I told them June 5th since I had DS at 40w6d and I'm hoping for a VBAC this time.  I don't want them to think I'm "overdue" sooner than necessary!  So I'm sure they will give me an EDD of March 12th, but in my mind it's really March 8th b/c of O date.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My doctor's office goes by LMP unless you ovulated a week or more before or after CD14.

Edited for clarity

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"