South Florida Babies

AW: Went on a mini shopping spree Sat!

Last week I was OOT in the infamous Siesta Key (LOVE that place).  While there, we went to a small children's boutique whre I thought for sure I'd buy the boys their first outfits there.... but OMG was that store expensive!  They were asking $54 for 1 little polo-type onsie that wasn't all that to begin with!  Imagine, Dh woud have killed me if I spent $110 on 2 outfits that are for everyday use (nothing fancy). 

Anyway, so Saturday, on our way home, we stopped at the outlet mall and I got them some cute clothes.  Dh kept laughing at me b/c everything was 6mo or larger.  I figured I'd get a lot of little items at the showere, so I got them clothes for next summer.  LOL  I LOVE GYMBOREE!  They had a huge sale, and got 2 sets of shorts for $3.99 a piece!  Plus, 1 set of adorable PJs for $5.99/ea.  Then, at Carters, I got 2 set of PJs for $5.99/ea.  I didn't go crazy, but wanted to be the first to buy them their first BOY clothes.  LOL

Oh, and I got a baby bag too.  I got it at the Coach outlet for $100 (from $400).  I'm in love w/ the bag itself (it is royal blue, with a beige and brown stripe in the middle), but we aren't sure if it is going to be large enough for the two of them. I figured I can wait until shower to get more stuff, and then try to fill it to determine.  LOL

Thanks for letting me share.  : )

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: AW: Went on a mini shopping spree Sat!

• keep the bag!!!  Once you hit the year  mark and you're no longer carrying around bottles and a million diapers and baby food, etc... you can fill it with the change of clothes, your stuff, toys, etc... lol  I found that after a year, I didn't need my HUGE diaper bag anymore, I could put Abby's stuff in a big purse.  I guess wtih 2 kids, you can downsize to a regular size diaper bag lol  I would keep it, regardless!!
  • Woohoo! Love shopping sprees :) And SCORE on the Coach bag, that was a great deal!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds like a lot of fun! 

ditto pp about keeping the bag.  You can always buy a stroller bag to load up on your extras.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's awesome!  I love good deals.  I also went into a store near Sunset last week with cute outfits, but they were way overpriced.  I figure I'm going to get a lot of clothes from family members (they've been getting us some here and there), so I'm staying away from buying clothes for now.  All I've gotten Elise that are non-essentials are a music box and other decorative items for her room.  I think I also got the same Coach bag as you did, but in red.  It's definitely a lot of fun to shop for baby items!
  • Yes, I agree that many people are going to spoil these children!  I've already told myself no more shopping for clothes, unless it is so unique and adorable that I can't live w/out it.  LOL  OH my!

Oh, and when I bought the bag, the salesperson (not knowing I was having twins) told me that she got it for her sister that has 3 boys (not same age though), and the sister loves the bag... that it holds all the essentials she needs.  Granted, I know it isn't the same as having twins, but hopefully it will work.  Otherwise, like pp said, maybe I'll just use it later on.

I'm also considering the Skip Hop Duo (I think that is the model) as it is best for twin moms.  We'll see.  

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecocojack10:

Yes, I agree that many people are going to spoil these children!  I've already told myself no more shopping for clothes, unless it is so unique and adorable that I can't live w/out it.  LOL  OH my!

Oh, and when I bought the bag, the salesperson (not knowing I was having twins) told me that she got it for her sister that has 3 boys (not same age though), and the sister loves the bag... that it holds all the essentials she needs.  Granted, I know it isn't the same as having twins, but hopefully it will work.  Otherwise, like pp said, maybe I'll just use it later on.

I'm also considering the Skip Hop Duo (I think that is the model) as it is best for twin moms.  We'll see.  

I have the skip hop duo and LOVE IT!!!  there's room for EVERYTHING and since I have to carry around 2 sets of diapers, bottles/sippies, clothes, etc... it's fantastic for every day stuff!!

• Sounds awesome! You got some great deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"