Alabama Babies
Options

How long do colds in babies usually last?

Aubrey has her first cold and it has been here since Friday.  We are doing all the normal stuff for her: humidifier, saline drops, suctioning her nose, elevation.  She had a low grade fever yesterday so we gave her some motrin.  She's still pretty stuffed up today and we are getting out tons with the suction. 

My question is how long should I give it to clear up before calling her pedi?  I was thinking if she was still stuffed up tomorrow morning I'd call. Is that reasonable?  

Re: How long do colds in babies usually last?

• Options
    loyo03loyo03 member
    My experience is that they can either last a few days or a few weeks. It is frustrating, but when she was younger, if felt as though it was never ending. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Honestly, those are all of the things that the pedi will tell you-they really can't do much else. However, if she continues w/ a fever, I would call in a day or two.
  • Options
    I agree with everything Brooke said! I hope she feels better soon!
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto pp.  if the fever continues I'd call just so they can rule out an ear infection.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"