Philadelphia Babies

does anyone know and rec a dr that does vbacs

I had my first daughter via c-section.  I would like to have 4 or more children.  Now being pregnant with my second my dr isn't recomending any more after 3.  I wanted to know if anyone out there has a dr and hospital that performed a vbac so that I could possibily have that as an option.  My docs and hospital will not do vbacs.  Thanks!

Re: does anyone know and rec a dr that does vbacs

• have you considered one of the birth centers, there is one in Bryn mawr and one in (I Think) Bucks County.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to Suburban OBGYN and I just had a c-section.  I asked if I would have to have a c/s next time and he said considering that the reason why I had to have a c/s this time was because of the baby heart rate dropping, that he doesn't see why I could not have a vbac next time.

• Loading the player...
  • I will be trying for a VBAC with Dr. Norman Brest and am delivering at Lankenau Hospital. I hear Dr. Scott Bailey is also very VBAC friendly (also delivers at Lankenau)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks so much ladies.  its really hard trying to find a place or practice that allows this. 
  • I can tell you what i know from a friends' experience- she might be able to chime in more to give you more specifics-

she had a c/s with her first and hoped to do a vbac with her second- a doctor referred her to Suburban or Montgomery Hosp (in norristown- don't remember which one) and suggested she look for a midwife. that is a very midwife friendly hospital.

GL with what you decide. Also the birthing center at Bryn Mawr is wonderful- and the hospital is right across the street if need be!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't know where you're located, but Lawrence Park OB/GYN, all 3 drs there do VBACs.  I'm choosing not to have one, but they were supportive if I wanted one. They only deliver at Lankenau.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemzovoce:
    have you considered one of the birth centers, there is one in Bryn mawr and one in (I Think) Bucks County.

THe Birth center won't do VBACs 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pennsylvania Hospital downtown has a pretty good VBAC success rate and are pretty mom/baby friendly.  They have lots of midwives attending labors there.  Your chances increase greatly with doula support as well.  You can contact me if you need any further info.  But I'd start out by contacting the local ICAN chapter for info on local VBAC support and anything related.

Lori

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
  • imageStacyc625:

I can tell you what i know from a friends' experience- she might be able to chime in more to give you more specifics-

she had a c/s with her first and hoped to do a vbac with her second- a doctor referred her to Suburban or Montgomery Hosp (in norristown- don't remember which one) and suggested she look for a midwife. that is a very midwife friendly hospital.

GL with what you decide. Also the birthing center at Bryn Mawr is wonderful- and the hospital is right across the street if need be!

WAY late chiming in over here, but Stacy is talking about me:-)  I used Ronni Rothman (midwife) at Montgomery and she was AWESOME.  My c-section was at Bryn Mawr Hospital-- I was originally at The Birth Center but had to be transferred.  The Birth Center can't do VBACs even with previous patients anymore.  If you read this, PM me if you want more info on Ronni!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Actually, the Birth Center in Bryn Mawr will not accept patients who have had a previous C-section regardless of where the care was. I had a C-section while I was their patient for my first child and cannot go back there for my second.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"