Preemies

Not Going to be a good day for me!

Going to be a bitter sweet day today. I got to go to my 6 week postpardum appointment and its my due date. Little Miss Savannah was not suppose to make her appearence until now, yet has been in our lifes for 6 weeks. She is my little miracle. I'm just greatful she stayed in as long as she did, couse she sure didn't want to.

I feel like it's my fault. That I sould have done something different. I didn't follow the doctors orders early in my pregnancy when I was told strict bedrest, maybe things would have comeout differently.

How did everyone else deal on their due date? Am I the only one beating myself up over her coming early?

Re: Not Going to be a good day for me!

• I was actually happy to have my due date come and go. We were planning to have a "due date" party for DD because I never got a baby shower but she got sick so we cancelled.

I do still feel a little guilty that she was born early. Shes my first and I had NO warning that she was coming early. My water broke at 33w and she was born 2 days later. Plus its a struggle because I think...I get 7 extra weeks with her outside that people normally dont get but I missed out on part of my pregnancy too and I loved being pregnant.

I feel like the weeks after you take LO home are just like being in the NICU. Some days you are so grateful that everythings okay and you're so happy to have LO home but other days its a struggle that LO did come early and my body didn't hold her until 40 weeks.

On another note...my PP appointment was like .5 seconds. She checked me and that was it. Oh and we talked about birth control. Good luck today!! I hope everything goes well!

• I wasn't as upset on my due date as I was at my 6 week appointment. I sat in the waiting area seeing other women pregnant, hearing them say how they just wanted their babies out. I kept thinking about what happened the last time I was in that office - found out I was 8cm dilated and pushed out in a wheelchair to L&D. I sat in that waiting room trying so hard not to burst into tears.

I still can't think about my experience and that day without crying. His 5 month birthday was especially hard for some reason. I had gone to the hospital the week before DS was born because I thought I was leaking fluid. They did a test but never checked me. To have my doctor tell me that they probably would've found that something was happening if they would've checked me broke my heart. I also had started having signs the night before I went in to the doctor so I always wonder what would've happened if I would've called that night before or gone in then.

But on the flip side I also think about what could've happened if I had waited longer to go to the doctor. If my water would've broken, and since I was 8cm and it was bulging it definitely could've happened. Once they broke my water due to bleeding DS was born in 10 minutes. I couldve had him in my car or at work. Who knows if he even would've survived. So, even though I get so sad about things and wonder if I couldve done things different, I know it could've been a lot worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • My EDD was a rough day for me since we lost one of our twins and it fell on Mother's Day.  I think i cried the whole day. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm dreading having to go to that appointment. I don't even like seeing other pregnant women right now. I hope it goes well for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"