Adoption
Options

Finished paperwork

We turned in all of our paperwork on Wednesday and received a call from our SW that day about our first home study (we'll do a total of 3).  It will be this Thursday.  I can't believe how fast this is all happening, we might even be certified by the end of July (fingers crossed).  I'm not so much worried, as anxious.  I wish I knew what to expect.  Any advice?

TIA!

image      image      image

Re: Finished paperwork

• Options

Congrats on getting your paperwork done.  That was a feeling of huge relief for me.  We had our first in home meeting before we did all the paperwork and we have two more that will hopefully be coming up soon.  Our SWer had to have knee surgery and isn't recovering as quickly as expected so we are in a holding pattern!

I'm a SWer although I don't do home studies, but just be as much yourself as you can be.  Don't try to hide anything or give the "right" answer.  So much of what we do is read between the lines that if you are just answering normally and trying to be relaxed, you'll have a great study and be actively waiting in no time!! 

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"