Central Florida Babies

Dr. for VBAC

Does anyone know of a good dr. that will support my attempt at a VBAC? My current dr. doesn't even attempt them. As it is, I will be delivering this baby 13 months after my first, so i would like to talk to a dr. that is experienced with VBAC's to see if this poses any extra risks. Thanks for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr. for VBAC

• I am sure there are more in Central florida, but my quest took about 8 weeks to find one.  Ask your doc if he recommends anyone.  Being that your trying 13 months after your c-section, you may face a lot of no's.  My daughter is due any day now, my son is 18 months and I received a lot of no's.  I go to Winnie Palmer OB-Gyn -- not my favorite place, but the only place I could find that would do a VBAC.  They have about 10 docs and 4 midwives in the practice.  I have met only 3 of the docs and usually only see the midwives.  It's not as personal as a small office, nor what I would want as and ideal doc office.  But like I said, it was the only place I could find.  They will review records and let you know if they consider you a candidate for a VBAC.  The docs I have seen all seem positive about the VBAC, one of the midwives is a DebbieDowner.  But it's worth looking into, I forgo the comforts of finding a doctors office that I love, to find one who would allow me a VBAC.  They do have some stipulations, you have to go into labor on your own, there is no inducing, and you have to go in labor by week 40... They will defiently tell you 13 months does posses extra risks, most docs won't do a VBAC unless your 24 months postpartum and few docs will drop it to 18months.  You may want to check the midwife route.  Good luck in your quest, as it can be very frustrating... I will let you know how mine goes, if I can ever get this baby to go into labor...
  • Thanks for your reply.  I have a call in to Kelli Johnsons- she's a local midwife, but she only does home births and I am not sure my husbadn would ever agree to that. I will look into the ones you recommended also. Please let me know how your VBAC goes, I would love to know if it all works out for you. Do you mind if I ask why you had to have a C-section and if the reason mattered when the dr.'s were considering this delivery? Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a c-section because I was almost 42 weeks, induced with Pitocin for 3 days, and never even felt a contraction.  I made it to only 2 cm dialated, they figure he was too big, and never even dropped, he was tucked up there nice and tight!!!  The docs were cool with a failure to progress as a reason, but they also fear, that might just be what my body does.   Good luck in your search, I will let you know if anything happens in the next 8 days.  Also, if you decide to do a VBAC, there are two groups on Facebook that are pretty inspiring, might be a good place to post your question if 13 months is too soon...
  • imageWanderMom:
    Thanks for your reply.  I have a call in to Kelli Johnsons- she's a local midwife, but she only does home births and I am not sure my husbadn would ever agree to that. I will look into the ones you recommended also. Please let me know how your VBAC goes, I would love to know if it all works out for you. Do you mind if I ask why you had to have a C-section and if the reason mattered when the dr.'s were considering this delivery? Thanks!

Kelli is awesome! i know several ppl that went with her! and if DH will let me try a homebirth for the next one, we'll definitely go with Kelli

• Dr. Sweet, Florida Altamonte Hospital and Kelly Johnson. I met both of these professionals and they are wonderful.

https://ican-online.org/ and find a local group

The best!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"