Baby Showers

Small showers

I only invited 30 ppl to my shower including my ILs, parents, Dh and I. My best friend is throwing at a restaurant and now I am afraid I will only have a few people there and she might have to pay extra without having people there. I feel bad. I knew summer was a popular time, I just didn't realize we would have so many people not able to come. Any thoughts or suggestions?
DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz

Re: Small showers

• Are you having your guests RSVP?  That would give you a better idea of how many people will be there.  The place where my mom is throwing ours would like a final head count a week or two early, so they know how much food is needed and what to charge us.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
  • This is a situation in which RSVPs are a must. Your friend should have an accurate number to submit to the restaurant in order to only pay for those people who are attending.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP - you MUST have RSVPs for such an event.  Your hostess could contact people by phone or email if she doesn't know who is attending.

Then there should be a headcount ahead of time - and then confirmation at the restaurant.  It should save $$.

• We did an RSVP. I just think the place has a minimum# of guests needed.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • imageBC&MM:
    We did an RSVP. I just think the place has a minimum# of guests needed.

How close are you to the shower date? Have you followed up with people who have not RVSPed? Is it too late to have the shower elsewhere? It sucks to have to pay to for people who are not there, but if she signed a contract and the attendance numbers are low, there might not be any alternatives now. 

It was your friend's choice to hold it at this restaurant. Let her deal with the stress. I know it's hard to do, but it's hers to plan, yours to enjoy. 

• imagehopey1kanopey:

It was your friend's choice to hold it at this restaurant. Let her deal with the stress. I know it's hard to do, but it's hers to plan, yours to enjoy. 

I agree. If there is a min. guest requirement, then this is something your hostess needs to deal with and should have planned ahead for.

White Knot
  • Not your problem :) While it is nice you are concerned, it's more comfortable for everyone if the guest of honor just stays out of that part of things, when your friend offered to host and chose the location, she probably knew all the options and she will handle it. Just go and enjoy! 
    EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • FWIW...I had a Saturday afternoon shower a few weeks ago. 30 were invited, 29 came. Save the dates were sent out in April-ish, so that may have helped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"