Two Under 2

Did you get a second low dresser/changing table?

Ds has a very nice dresser that we use as a changing table and unlike a lot of people we still change him on it 90% of the time.  We also use it to get him dressed, after bathtime, etc.  We are thinking about moving the low dresser into the new baby's room and getting a tall dresser for ds' room.  He still has a crib so we would have to dress/change him on the floor or in the new baby's room (basically next door).  By the way, Ds will be 23 months when this baby is born and has shown minimal interest in potty training and I am not pushing it right now.  Did anyone go without a changing area in your older child's room?  Was it a big problem?  Thanks!

Re: Did you get a second low dresser/changing table?

• We don't use the changing table much anymore for DS because he's pretty tall and has outgrown it.  We didn't buy him one for his new room.  Will just change him on our bed or the floor like we do now.  Good luck!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are in the same exact boat as you.  DS will be 22 months when the baby is born in 4 months, and we still dress him and change him on his changing table all the time.  He's used to it.  We actually just this weekend moved his nursery set into the baby's room and got him a convertible crib and a long, low dresser that I put a changing pad on top of.  I was going to get him a tall dresser but I just can't see doing away with the changing table at this point.  Plus, we didn't spend that much money on the furniture so I am not planning on him using it forever.  He'll use it through the crib and toddler bed stage, and then I will buy him a new bedroom set, so I wasn't that worried about only having a low dresser and not a tall one.  GL.
  • Loading the player...
  • We moved DD changing table into DS room.  We use the changing table 100% of the time for both children (minus the middle of the night changes if needed for DS).  Only one change table is really needed.  DS room is across from the bathroom so it is easy to just take both kids in there after baths.  We keep all the bathing stuff and diaper stuff in DS room.  We just bring DD clothes from her room in there when we are changing her.  It works out great. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We quit using the changing table with DS when he was 13 months old because he got too long for it and didn't like it. It was a fight to change him on it but he did better on our bed or the floor.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We moved the changing table to the room outside of their rooms.  We have a family room that is between our room and thier rooms and it has worked out great.  That way it is in neither of their rooms and we can use it even is one of them is sleeping.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just bought a very inexpensive changing table to put in #1s room.  It has worked out well this way.  I have a bad back to begin with, not to mention being VERY pregnant right now.  I need to have him at waste level for diaper and clothes changes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"