Babies: 0 - 3 Months

watery looking spit up ????

My LO will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and started spitting up what looks like water with white specks in it.  He is formula fed and has never spit up much, every once in a while he would spit up a little bit of formula after a feeding.  I have not increased his intake but several times today he has had this watery spit up.  Anyone had experience with this? Know what it is or what I can do to help stop it?  TIA

Re: watery looking spit up ????

• DD has done this too and I think it's just formula that has been partially digested?  And diluted with stomach acid?  That is just my assumption because it usually happens quite a while after feeding.
  • my LO has been doing this every so often, too.  if he doesn't seem bothered by it and is gaining weight/acting normal i wouldn't worry.  maybe mention it to your pedi and see what they have to say.  i plan on it at our next appt!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageannabelle41:
    DD has done this too and I think it's just formula that has been partially digested?  And diluted with stomach acid?  That is just my assumption because it usually happens quite a while after feeding.

This is exactly what my DS is doing. It usually happens about an hour or so after feeding. I am afraid it could be AR. I even changed bottles to Playtex VentAire.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSpring Mommy:

totally normal. our LO does this ALL the time, pedi said that spit up thats white (milk) or the clear with specks is one in the same- one has just had more time to sit in the stomach. she said if your baby is a "happy spitter" (meaning no pains while it happens) its nothing to worry about other than more washing of clothes.

Does your LO often spit up when he/she gets fussy or cries? That's when my LO mostly spit up.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • He must be a "happy spitter" because the spit up doesn't seem to bother him.  He might fuss a little or spit out his pacifier before he actually spits up but he is all smiles after that usually.  I plan to ask the pedi when we go in for his next appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"