Two Under 2

Putting baby to sleep when the toddler is running around

OK, help. :)

My mom is watching both my girls at my house while I'm at work. I have a 3-month-old and a 2-year-old (as of next month).

Any tips on what to do with the toddler when my mom is upstairs putting the baby to sleep? How does she keep the toddler safe and out of trouble? Strap her in her high chair with some crayons?

Any other ideas?

Re: Putting baby to sleep when the toddler is running around

• Can she put her in a PnP or a room that's childproofed? I think the highchair with art supplies is a good idea.......
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I used to put DD in her crib with some books and a sippy of water.  She understood it was time to put DS down and she would just look at books for awhile in the safety of her crib.  The last month or so, I have been giving her a snack and letting her watch TV (bad mommy!) in our childproofed bedroom. Seems to work out okay.  There is no way whatsoever that DD would allow me to strap her into a highchair!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Is your house safe downstairs?  I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old as well as a 5 1/2 month old and I just leave the older two downstairs for the few minutes it takes to put the baby down for a nap. 
  • That's the hardest part of my day.  DS hates being confined, and even more so when he realizes it's so I can take the baby into another room without him - he screams and cries and it breaks my heart.  :(  Most the time, I have him in his room.  We have a gate at his door and the room is childproofed.  He retaliates by emptying his dresser drawers (fun!) but he's safe.  I've also put him in his crib with a stack of books, and put him in his high chair with a sippy cup to watch Sesame Street.  
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJerseygirl16:
    Is your house safe downstairs?  I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old as well as a 5 1/2 month old and I just leave the older two downstairs for the few minutes it takes to put the baby down for a nap. 

This.  The house is child proofed, so I wouldn't worry about him getting into anything while I put the baby down.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"