Hawaii Babies

EFF YOU, BOOBS

And $&@*(#%^! bra manufacturers, too!

I went shopping this afternoon to get some new bras. I can't fit the ones I used pre-pregnancy, and the nursing tanks that I've been wearing since the boys have been born don't give the best support - I seriously needed some underwire in my life lol!

So I went shopping at Target (not the best choice I know, but I don't have a lot of selection in my town and online shopping in Australia is crap) and nearly cried in the dressing room. NOTHING fits! My boobs are in this weird halfway size, and no matter how many combinations of band and cup sizes I tried on (and different bra styles), I couldn't find anything that fit well. I bought three bras that fit the best, but I wouldn't say they're a great fit. My boobs are just too wonky, it's like I need to be able to wear an additional half size...and I have so many body issues right now that this crappy shopping trip was really something I didn't need in my life right now. Sad

On the bright side, my band size is one size smaller than I thought it would be, so that part of me hasn't really expanded. Probably my only body part that hasn't lol!

Re: EFF YOU, BOOBS

• aww i am sorry. shopping for anything maternity or post partum sucks, esp when you are between sizes. i think just about every one of us goes through the same thing, if it makes you feel any better. it's amazing how your body changes after you have a baby... even though i've lost my baby weight my body is totally different now and i'm not sure if it will ever be the same?

(ps - just noticed your new pirate ticker! how cool!)

• If you can find the right cup size and the band size needs to be extended but only slightly, there are extenders you can buy.  I can see if I can find mine - I never used them, but my organization skills aren't great :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • inamrainamra member
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    If you can find the right cup size and the band size needs to be extended but only slightly, there are extenders you can buy.  I can see if I can find mine - I never used them, but my organization skills aren't great :) 
    This! I was gonna suggest this cuz that's what I did. I got one from Joanne's Fabrics and it helped a lot. Sorry about the frustrating bra shopping experience though =( Honestly, I'm pretty bummed about my post-pg body (I had to attend a wedding this weekend in pants cuz I didn't have a single dress that fit or didn't make me look still pg =P)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • imageinamra:
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    If you can find the right cup size and the band size needs to be extended but only slightly, there are extenders you can buy.  I can see if I can find mine - I never used them, but my organization skills aren't great :) 
    This! I was gonna suggest this cuz that's what I did. I got one from Joanne's Fabrics and it helped a lot. Sorry about the frustrating bra shopping experience though =( Honestly, I'm pretty bummed about my post-pg body (I had to attend a wedding this weekend in pants cuz I didn't have a single dress that fit or didn't make me look still pg =P)

Unfortunately it's the cup size that's the problem, not the band size. Sad They're slightly too big for the smaller size, but slightly too small for the next size up. I went with the larger size.

I remember reading about these bras once that had mid-sizes...like you could get, for example, C, C+, then D...the C+ was a halfway size between C and D. I think it's a great idea, but whatever the brand was, it was probably $$$.

• ugh, that is frustrating.  I can never find anything that fits at target b/c they (and most stores) don't believe you can have a big cup size w/out a 38+ band size.  So I know your frustration - any time I attempt to save money I will try to find something at Kohls or target or whatnot and only get frustrated.
  • imageMauiWedding08:
    ugh, that is frustrating.  I can never find anything that fits at target b/c they (and most stores) don't believe you can have a big cup size w/out a 38+ band size.  So I know your frustration - any time I attempt to save money I will try to find something at Kohls or target or whatnot and only get frustrated.

Heh, I have the opposite problem here - Aussie bra manufacturers are all for big cup sizes, but not larger band sizes. I wear a 42 these days (*sob) and there were literally 4 styles for me to choose from. Sad

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"