North Carolina Babies
Options

I have never wanted to smack a pedi....until today!

UGH!  So J has been running a fever for 3+weeks and they keep telling me its a drug fever.  The pulmonologist doesn't agree, and spoke with a specialst at UNC Children's Hospital who also disagrees with it being a drug fever.  The pulminologist told me to take him back and told me specific things to test for.  Well, we had to do the walk in clinic at the peds office today and we saw a doctor we don't usually see...and OH.MY.GOSH. I wanted to smack him.  He acted like I was crazy for talking to the pulminologist about this (the medicine they claim is causing the fever is one the pulminologist put him on).  He looked at me like I was crazy when I offered him the pulminologist's number so he could call her (she said she was more then willing to talk to him).  I told him what she suggested testing for and he said (in a very sarcastic tone) "well I guess we'll do more blood work just to make pulmonary happy".  When I asked how many days could he continue to run a fever before I need to bring him back in and he said "Lets just assume its gone."  Really?  Thats your answer?  Assume its gone so we just don't take him temp anymore?  He kept telling me that DS didn't "look" sick, even though he was laying on the floor not playing.  He wasn't lathargic, but he was definitely not active and playing!  And I tried explaining all of this and he just brushed me off.  I was so ready to smack him.  So we finally just let him leave and went to the lab to get the blood drawn.  (An hour and 5 sticks later they THINK they have enough to run the tests, but couldn't hold him still to keep him from pulling the needle out anymore).  

We now have a call in to the doctor that saw us earlier in the week (our normal pedi is off today) to talk to him about how we were treated this morning and ask HIM to call the pulminologist.  He actually mentioned possibly calling her earlier this week, so hopefully he would be more open to talking to her.  If i have to see that other guy again I think I might smack him.  He looks to be about 70 years old and has this attitude of "i know what I'm doing, how dare you question me".  ARGH!

Ok I feel better now, I think! 

Re: I have never wanted to smack a pedi....until today!

• Options
    What an experience - I really hope they have enough blood to run some of the tests!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yuck! How frustrating! I hope you get better results talking to the other doctor! That would totally make me want to smack him too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, sounds like he needs to retire!!!  What a butt.  Hope you get some answers soon!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options

are you still going to children's clinic? what dr did you see??   i bet it was the same one i saw that i hated!  i can't remember his name, but he was an old man who basically told us to get ds to sttn, just put him in the crib and walk out.  eventually he'll stop crying.... ???? seriously?? that's your advice?  UGH.  SMACK HIM W/A STICK!

i love dr. yandle.  he's my favorite there.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through this.

It sounds like one of your kids is always sick!

• Options
    imagesophabelle:

are you still going to children's clinic? what dr did you see??   i bet it was the same one i saw that i hated!  i can't remember his name, but he was an old man who basically told us to get ds to sttn, just put him in the crib and walk out.  eventually he'll stop crying.... ???? seriously?? that's your advice?  UGH.  SMACK HIM W/A STICK!

i love dr. yandle.  he's my favorite there.  

Yes we're still going to children's clinic.  It was Dr. Coleman we saw today.  We saw Dr. Yandle yesterday and LOVED LOVED LOVED him.  He's the one we called today to talk too, but he never called back. :(  Dr. Archer is who we usually see, but he was off today. 

• Options

i'm pretty sure that's the same doc i hated.  as soon as he walked in i knew we were not going to have the same view on things.  ughhhh.  

i don't think we've seen dr. archer, but yeah, LOVE dr yandle!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so, so sorry J is going through all this!  I know this is so frustrating for you, when all you want is for your baby to feel better.  :( Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.

So you're going to The Children's Clinic?  I think I'm going to avoid that place, then.  We're looking into pediatricians right now and that's not the type of doctor I want!

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options
    imageveronicacorningstone:

I'm so, so sorry J is going through all this!  I know this is so frustrating for you, when all you want is for your baby to feel better.  :( Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.

So you're going to The Children's Clinic?  I think I'm going to avoid that place, then.  We're looking into pediatricians right now and that's not the type of doctor I want!

He's the only doctor out of MANY at the children's clinic that I don't like.  Dr. Archer is awesome!  So is Dr. Yandle.  Dr. Taylor has been a huge help with Kathryn's seizure issues.  Don't let Dr. Coleman keep you away from an amazing practice!  They have 3 offices, including one that just opened in Brunswick Forest.  They're only doing morning appointments there right now, but plan to go all day in the near future.  Dr. Coleman is so old, I expect him to retire any day now. 

• Options
    I live in Leland too and go to Childrens Clinic...just had to respond! I can't believe that!!!! I would have wanted to smack him too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"