North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Cake Ladies (I need you!)

Me and a friend of mine are going to attempt to make a 2 tiered cake covered in fondant for DS' birthday. We were going to do a test run first. She's worked with buttercream but neither of us has worked with fondant. Does anyone have an 8" and a 6" round cake pan I can borrow and/or a fondant smoother & roller? Does a wood rolling pin work as good as the fondant rollers?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Cake Ladies (I need you!)

• Options

where do you live? I have a 6 and 10 in I believe- I thought with the 8 in. there wouldn't be enough of a difference in the sizes. I used a rolling pin, and it worked ok- the thing about the fondant rollers is that they have something that you can check the thickness that you are rolling.

whatever you use, make sure to have corn starch on hand! Also, not sure if you are using store bought fondant- but it doesn't really taste very good. There are lots of recipes out there for marshmallow fondant that I think are yummy though!

• Options

I have 6 & 8" pans as well if you can't get e-swan's. I don't know anything about fondant though, since any cake I'd make is of the Betty Crocker variety. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Holly Springs. I did see a bunch of recipes for the MM Fondant that look good! I def. would not get the store bought kind. Where are you located? Are you part of the GTG group?
  • Options
    I'm in Garner, & I do some GTGs but not the SAHM ones since I work. Leave your email address if you want to see about getting them.
  • Options
    E- I emailed you & J- I still might need your pans. I'll let you know!
  • Options
    E-you work near me, right? If so, if you want to drop them off by my office on your way home/lunch, I drive by Jen's house every day.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options
    Mrs G: I can do that- sometime this week probably.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"